A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Thank You Ladies

I have a couple ladies I want to thank. Anissa at Peek A Boo Mommy, sent me this award.
Thank You so much for thinking of me Anissa!
The rules for the Honest Scrap award:
A) first list 10 honest things about yourself - make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!
B) Pass the award on to 7 bloggers you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.
10 Things I don't think I've shared yet. 1. I am really hard on myself. 2. I couldn't get through the day without my husband. He is my rock. 3. I love to daydream. 4. I have to go barefoot in summer or wear socks in winter. I hate shoes! 5. I am the most relaxed person about my clothes. T-shirt and shorts are the perfect outfit for me though they may not look so great. 6. I am sensitive to what others say but try to take what they say and make an improvement if it's needed. 7. I feel my creativity is stifled by my current home. 8. I don't remember the last time I slept through the night w/o tossing and turning. 9. I am NOT a morning person! Gotta let my brain wake up or I might bite your head off. 10. I hate working out! However, I enjoy working out while playing a sport or game. I love to compete! I'm going to pass this award on to: 1. Nancy at Be Not Afraid 2. Rhonda at Led By Still Waters 3. Valerie at It's a Wonderful Life 4. Therese at The Musings of a Mom 5. Mummy McTavish at Samster.com 6. Cat at Juggling Act of Life 7. Alicia at Yaya Stuff (Here we thought our Yaya was the one and only. :))
I also want to thank Nichole at the Pumpkin Seed for the Good Mail package she sent me. She's sneaky that gal! I saw her post about making the hearts below. I also read where she had just sent them off. I never in a million years imagined they were coming to me! What a fun and unexpected treat to receive in the mail. Yaya couldn't wait to dive into the "talklate" AKA Chocolate. She begged and begged until I let her have some after dinner. I'm saving the candy hearts for Valentine's Day but hung the "pillow hearts" up right away. Yaya wants to sleep on them and calls them HER "Piwow Hahts." Thank You Nichole!

12 comments:

Debra Kaye said...

Awww...how sweet! Those hearts are precious! And I loved learning more about you! Happy Sunday, my friend!

Nichole said...

We have so much in common! My weekend outfit of choice lately has been a t-shirt and sweat pants. David asked me ever so sweetly yesterday if I could change out of them before we went to the store. I was totally going to leave the apt in them, maybe I'm a bit too laid back about it lately!!

So glad you enjoyed the package :o)

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

You are welcome! Love the hearts they are to cute. I love hanging out in shorts and a t-shirt. During the winter it is sweat pants and a t-shirt. Got my test back everything is normal.

Hugs

Susie said...

Congratulation on your award!! Awesome job:-)

Anonymous said...

ohhh I'm so bad at meme's.
I've also been tagged by another blogging friend. I'll do both.
:)
THANKS!

Rebecca Jo said...

What a fun surprise getting those hearts!!!

And love the honesty....

cat said...

Thanks girl, I am honoured. In keeping with opne of my few New Years resolutions, I will answer to it asap.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much!!!

Shannon said...

I need to think of my list of 10 things... its seriously hard to do!

The Blonde Duck said...

I love learning more about folks through these memes.

Betty said...

Congrats on the award! I got the same on last week too. Will be posting about it this week.
I feel sorry for you, that you do not get a restful nights sleep. No wonder your not a morning person!
Hope you have a good week!

Nancy said...

Thank you for this award....you deserve it right back! Thank you for your wonderful blog! I enjoy visiting here!
God Bless You....