A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Friday, January 2, 2009

Fun in the Snow Over the Holidays

Yaya was so excited to see her cousins she couldn't wait to put on warmer clothes and get back outside to play.
They had fun sledding,
(until they WIPED OUT)
building snowmen,

making snow angels
and having snowball fights.
A few extra shots I love.
 

They hopped into aunt A' s huge tub to warm up and play.
Here are some shots of aunt A's beautiful Christmas Eve table and tree.
Santa's little helper caught getting into mischief.
A few shots before and after Christmas Eve services.

12 comments:

Shannon said...

How fun! I can't even remember the last time I've gone sledding... sad, isn't it?!!??!

The table looks so festive!


And I love the last pic... what a sweet family :)

Stephanie said...

great pictures!!

Susie said...

Those are Great holiday photos!! It looks like you had an awesome holiday.

Betty said...

You three look so great together!
Love the snow pic´s. Looks like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family picture and that dress that Yaya is wearing is too cute! Thanks for sharing so many great pics. You have a nac for catching some great shots that aren't posed. Love 'em!

The G' Unit said...

I love seeing Mc,K and YaYa playing together...sweet cousins..if we can get our kids...and you all together next summer that would be SUPER!!
WE should really plan that!! It would be GREAT for kent and bird to get together...and we all play games...I'm so gonna win! *ha*
I love aunt "A's" table too....elegant!
T

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing these precious pictures with your blogging family!
I just love the pic of the girls kissing the snowman. That just melts my heart.
And the dinner table is beautiful.
I also liked the name place-cards with the childrens hand writing. How sweet is that!!!

Bug said...

Great Pics Friz! Looks like you all had a fantastic time! Glad to see and hear it! Yaya looks like she really enjoyed her time in the Northwest! That is great!

Love ya and Miss ya!

Sissy said...

I grew up in Alaska and those shots really look like ones from my childhood. Love em!

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

absolutely as it should be, my dear friend.

Love you!

More every day.

(not in a weird way, as you know.)

Karin

Momto5 RachelJoy Photography said...

what an awesome photo filled post!!!!happy new year!!!

Gramma 2 Many said...

How fun!! The pictures are just great. I am sure this will be a Christmas YaYa remembers for a long time.
It is snowing again. Do not expect what we have had, but it is still here.
I am going to visit Disney this summer, driving, could there be a lunch then?