Once upon a time there was a Yellow Chicken. His feet had been chewed by the family dog(s) and/or a toddler named Yaya. The stress from being chased and chewed on had caused his eyes to bulge and his feathers to fall out. What's worse, his rear end frequently fell open causing some pretty embarrassing moments. He wondered if anyone would see past these ailments and become his friend.
Half way across the country lived a Blonde Duck.
Like most chicks she worried how her feathery frock compared to others in her small Texas town.
She tried anything and everything to look like the beautiful birds around her but "no amount of hair gel, flat irons or electric shock therapy would tame this wild mass of fuzz." She wondered if she would ever find a friend who understood her pain.
One day, The Yellow Chicken clicked on a blog called A Duck in Her Pond and fell head over heels with the Blonde Duck featured in a story. He had never seen a creature as beautiful as her. Reading her honest words and seeing her frizzy feathers only drew him to her more. He decided to leave her a comment that said, "Fuzzy Duck, please know that we all envy your fuzzy feathers. It shows you have tons of spunk. Not many can carry that look like you do so well. I only wish I had self confidence and beauty like yours. You Rock!"
A few days later, the Blonde Duck clicked on a blog called Heaven's Gift and spotted pictures of a Yellow Chicken hanging out in a Christmas tree. The yellow chicken had no feathers and had huge eyes. She was curious about him and decided to leave a return comment that said, "The fuzzy duck from Tuesday likes the yellow chicken..."
When the Yellow Chicken read her comment he blushed a million shades of red. He couldn't believe someone as beautiful as her could really like him. He decided to take a chance and ask her if she would like to be his friend and hang out some time. To the Yellow Chicken's Surprise, the Blonde Duck agreed to meet. They've chosen to let their readers decide when and where should they first meet. The Yellow Chicken only requests they not meet at the restaurant called, El Pollo Loco.
19 comments:
Oh, that's so sweet, there's someone for everyone, um, make that every bare-naked-yellow-bug-eyed-chicken :)
You're too cute!
Cool! Can´t wait to here all about it... :)
I saw both posts... how funny how fun things bring people together!
omg I'm laughing my feathers off...I have to go click on some of these links!
Awesome! Go Chicken Go!
This was very funny, what a creative person you are to make a funny comment and gain another friend. Fun games are another great part of blogging!! So happy for you that you are in the christmas spirit! Thanks for the comments at my place too!
Love the humorous and romantic side you...!!
T
Oh my God, I love it! I'm posting this link on my blog!
I love it! I put a link on my blog! I can't wait to see what happens on their date!
I love it!
Hey - be sure to stop by my blog for a surprise!!!
That is too funny! Keep us posted on the meeting...
Cute, Cute, Cute, and no I would not meet anyplace that has the name Chicken in it.
Am feeling a bit jealous though. Do the yellow chicken and the fuzzy duck really get to meet before the Gramma and the Frizzy?
Loved the story. Gotta go read about the fuzzy duck now.
You best steer clear of those places that have the name of Peking Duck in them also.
That is toooooooooo funny!! Maybe they should just meet in the park:-)
I love this! ...and reading your profile makes me think of when I had my two children almost 23 years ago...and a wonderful life with my hubby!
Love the music too!
I just wanted to stop by to thank you for visiting my blog today as part of BATW! It's been so much fun to meet so many new people around the world.
Your yellow chicken story had me laughing this afternoon. Too cute!
I'm back! This is my new blog -- so you will have to change it if you still follow me!
Hugs,
Anissa
Awww, how good that two christmas birds could see each other's inner beauty!
Post a Comment