The letter even included two Post Marks from the North Pole. One was on the front and one was on the back of the envelope.
Here is what it said,
Dear Yaya, (It actually has her real name.)
Ho, ho, ho...Greetings from the North Pole! I've been making my list and then I checked it twice, and I see that you, Yaya (Insert last name here), have been a very good little girl this year!All of us at the North Pole have been busy making toys, wrapping gifts, and getting my sleigh ready for my long journey around the world on Christmas Eve.
Yaya, since you have been such a nice girl, I will do my best to get all your toys and Christmas packages to you in (Insert town here) by Christmas morning. Please remember that Christmas is not just about receiving presents but it is special because it is when we celebrate the birthday of Baby Jesus. Continue to be polite and respectful always and tell your family how much you love them. The elves, reindeer, Frosty, Mrs. Claus and I, are so proud of you and love you very much.
Rudolph, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen, and I are planning to arrive in (Insert town here) just after midnight to deliver your gifts. Be sure to be in bed early on Christmas Eve. Last year it took me several visits until you were completely asleep.
Feliz Navidad, Joyeux Noel, Kala Christouyenna, Gledelig Jul, Buon Natale, Froue Weihnacht'n...Merry Christmas!
Love, (Santa's Signature Here)
P.S. If it's okay with your parents, could you please leave some cookies and milk for me, and a few carrots out for my reindeer?
I have to admit I was quite shocked she received this letter because we had not written a letter to him. (Bad mommy!) Anyway, I started to cry tears of joy and surprise. Then, my dad, told me how the letter came to be. A few weeks ago, he called me from work and asked for my home address. I didn't think much of it as he said he needed it to update his emergency contact info. Well, the real story is that a woman named, Ada, in his office (whom we've met once) asked for it. She wanted to send a letter to Santa with Yaya's name on it. HOW SWEET IS SHE?!!!! After hearing this story, I really started crying. Then, my mom cried too. One of us starts and it's a domino effect. We're a mess that way! Anyway, the thing I appreciated most of all about the letter is that it talked about the true meaning of Christmas. SANTA ROCKS! I called Ada this morning and left a Thank You message on her voicemail at work. I fell apart again while leaving the message. She was soooo nice to think of us.
23 comments:
What an amazing letter!! It brought tears to my eyes. I love that the Santa recognizes the true meaning of Christmas, that without dear Baby Jesus, we would not be celebrating! Thank you for sharing!
{{Can you believe I've posted TWICE today!!!}} Miss you!!
How fun! Special surprises like that are so nice. How thoughtful of your Dad's coworker!
Ok, that was WAY too sweet. What a wonderful surprise from a wonderful lady!
Very cool!!
I bet she was so excited. Aden is scared of Santa this year.
Thanks for coming by today.
Hugs,
Anissa
That is SO cute!!! I love it!!
Thank you so much for stopping by today!!
That is the best letter from Santa I have ever seen! How lovely that this lady thought of Yaya to be the recipient of her kindness. I am guessing she probably hears about Yaya often from a very proud grandad even though you have only met her once!
That is totally sweet :)
What a great letter! And how awesome is Ada for doing this for you! We have not sent a letter to santa either!
The duck and the chicken are having a date Sunday! The silver bird causes trouble. DRAMA!
What a nice lady! That'll be a great keepsake :o)
What a great letter. For her to include the true meaning of Christmas is priceless.
Am still busy with knitting and sewing, just taking a little break before I head off to bed.
I hope you make it to Pike Place Market to replace Papa's candy bar while you are in the beautiful PNW.
I wanna letter like that!!!! How sweet & thoughtful!!! For everyone! What a nice memory!
that is so cute
That is awesome!
That sweet lady! How precious...and I love how it touched you and your Mom!
You know what also struck me...is this is something you would have done! I love that someone did it for Yaya and you!
Happy Thursday sweet friend! Love ya bunches!
Very sweet of Ada to do that... and what a cute letter you have to keep for Yaya!
Oh the days of receiving a letter from Santa! My adult son will probably deny any of it now!
Regarding your comment: yes a pasta machine would be preferable but if italian chefs can use rolling pins on tv (one guy even said that he NEVER learned to use a pasta machine!) then I guess all you need is a little practice and a lot of patience! Tiny steps...tiny steps!
It's thoughtful acts like these that make life so fantastic!
what a very sweet letter.
That is just the sweetest and most thoughtful thing for her to do!
What a keepsake that will be for Yaya!!
Nichole...I replied to your comment on my blog!!
And added you to my blog...come see!
t
Wow, that is so wonderful! Christmas is such a beautiful season!
wow! that is quite awesome that santa talked about the real meaning of christmas!
Post a Comment