I received this Christmas Spirit Award from Nichole at The Pumpkin Seed. What an honor to receive an award such as this. Of course I believe in Christmas and the reason we celebrate it. The birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus. Even better is being able to pass on the spirit of Christmas and love to others.
The Rules are simple:
*You must be a true Christmas lover to receive this award.
*The person to whom you give the award must also be in love with Christmas.
*You must link back to the person who gave you the award.
*You must list 5 things that you love about Christmas.
*Pass the award along to as many people as you like. That can be 1 or 45; it's up to you. But, you must pass it on to at least one person in order to keep the Christmas cheer going!
*Let your recipients know that you have tagged them by leaving them a comment on their blog.
My favorite things about Christmas include:
1. I love looking at Christmas lights.
2. I love the good it brings out in people.
3. I love catching up with friends and family through the lovely cards/letters and time together.
4. I love watching Yaya's eyes light up at the wonder of it all. She oohs and ahs at all the lights. She is having so much fun singing Frosty the Snowman, The Little Drummer Boy and Jingle Bells.
5. Listening to Christmas music in a candlelit church. I can't choose a favorite Christmas song/hymn though. They all touch me in different ways.
My favorite Christmas memory has to be last year. It was our first Christmas with Yaya so it was already extra special. The minister recounted the story of Mary and Joseph's journey and when he read Luke 2:11, "Unto you a child is born in the city of David..." Nevaeh cheered, "Yeah!" really loudly and as if she understood what was going on. (She was 1 1/2 years old.) It's moments like that I'm reminded again and again how she really was sent to us direct from Heaven above.
Merry Christmas! I am passing this award on to...
1. Julie at My Life with Boys for spreading God's word as a missionary.
2. Rebeccas Jo at Knit by God's Hand for always finding a way to teach God's word from day to day life.
3. Kori at Between a Whisper and a Roar for hosting a Secret Santa swap for 60 some bloggers.
4. AVT Coach at This Abundant Lifehttp for practicing what she preaches.
5. Betty at Weins World for spreading Christmas cheer near and far and knowing how to make the best of all situations.
6. Deb at Clothed with Scarlet for sharing scripture through her personal life and always checking in on others to pray and be sure we're ok.
7. Shannon at Welcome to the Nut House Just look at her posts of Christmas past.
8. Trit at The G Unit Look at all the ways they celebrate Christmas and spread cheer.
9. Karin at 6 By His Design for hosting a Christmas party for each of her kids and their friends. Plus, being a room mom at their school parties and surviving.

13 comments:
Oh! What a great award!
I too love Christmas lights. I can drive and drive and drive thru the neighborhoods just looking.
thanks so much... how fun! You are so sweet to me!
Thank you so much for the award! If I find the time I will post about it. For sure you deserve it and Congrats on that!
I love all of the things you listed about Christmas too!
That`s why I love blogging so much. I meet people who are so much like me.... :)
Awww thanks so much.
This is such a great award! I am humbled that you passed it to me and with such a sweet tribute.
Frizzy, I don't know if you know it or not but I didn't even want to start blogging...my publisher 'encouraged me boldly'..tee hee
I am not comfortable in the spotlight or of the ways of the internet world. So it was to get me comfortable and 'bring attention' ...but I couldn't do it.
However, I was embraced by a community of believers and felt the Lord taking the blog in a different direction and was very comfortable with that direction...an extension of my life that allows for encouragement and edification of others.
Thank you for recognizing me for this award for that reason...that gives me great joy! Merry Christmas to you sweet friend!
Yay! awards are the best!! Especially Christmas ones!
Cute!
You made me think of the 2-yr-old I nanny for. We've been reading/singing the Frosty the Snowman book a lot lately and here is how she sings every single page since she doesn't know all the words:
"Frosty the snowman.....mwah!....coal"
It's so stinkin' adorable! yes, she blows a kiss when she doesn't know the words!!!!
Sweet! Thank you for the award :) And congrats to you on getting it!
We love to go out looking at Christmas lights, too... I think we may do that tonight. There are a few houses we know of that go all out! I'll have to try and take pics this year...
Thank you! First it's a cool idea and I love the button. Also, how easy is that to come up with things I love about Christmas! You are sweet!
FUN!!! Thanks so much!!!!
Congrats on your award! The third date is tommorow!
Congratulations on getting such a great award! You totally deserve it! I hope you have a great weekend!
I love Christmas lights and my Christmas tree, but I don't think I love this season as much as some. Congrats on this award.
Post a Comment