A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Friday, December 12, 2008

50 Random Things About Me

50 random things about you! If you opened this, FILL IT OUT! Learn 50 things about your friends, and let them learn 50 things about you!
1. Do you like cheese? Yes any and all but Blue Cheese.
2. Have you ever smoked? No being trapped in a car with my grandma while she smoked with the windows rolled up cured me of that urge when I was a kid.
3. Do you own a gun? No. Not even a toy gun come to think of it.
4. Do you like listening to Christmas music? During the season only.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Depends on the appointment's purpose.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? I like them. Esp. if they're Kosher and fresh from the grill with a little crispiness on them.
7. Favorite Christmas song? Can you really choose just one?
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? coffee with cream. Actually, a little coffee with my cream is preferred.
9. Can you do push ups? A few if I really try.
10. Who is your favorite Grey's Anatomy Character? Alex or George I'm a sucker for the tough and wounded guys.
11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? My wedding ring.
12. Favorite hobby? Cooking and/or Photography
13. Do you eat "exotic" foods? I'm getting better about it. I tried lots of exotic foods while living in Italy. Don't ask me what they were cause I don't know and often was afraid to ask.
14. Do you have A.D.D.? Um...I'm sorry what was the question? YES!!! I think anyone with a child in their home has A.D.D.
15. What one trait do you hate about yourself? Lack of self-control over sweating the small stuff.
16. Middle Name? Michelle
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? I feel fat. I'm cold and I want an extreme makeover! 18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday? Only left the house once to take Yaya to meet friends for Pizza.
19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Coke, Coffee and Water
20. Current worry right now? Where we'll be in the next 3 months.
21. Current hate? My husband's situation at work.
22. Favorite place to be? Greece, Italy, France, or Austria with family.
23. How did you bring in the New Year? Crying tears of joy that a year of Hell was finally over.
24. Where would you like to go? Someplace romantic.
25. Name three people who will complete this? You, you and you
26. Do you own flip flops? Yes. Beautiful black ones with pretty beads on the straps.
27. What shirt are you wearing? An old Cannery Casino T-shirt from Las Vegas
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No... flannel are heaven though.
29. Can you whistle? Sometimes
30. Favorite color? Eggplant purple (The color of my bridesmaids dresses.)

31. Would you be a pirate? Can Jack Sparrow be with me please? YUMMY! Again, I seem to be drawn to the bad guys.
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? Heaven. I'm in Heaven!
33. Favorite girl's name? Merideth
34. Favorite boy's name? Matthew or Carsten
35. What's in your pocket right now? nothing
36. Last thing that made you laugh? Yaya said something really funny as I was helping her out of her highchair. She's a funny but smart girl.
37. Best bed sheets as a child? Probably some with Strawberry Shortcake on them.
38. Worst injury you've ever had? Cut the tip of my right ring finger off with the sprinkler gun when I was 3.
39. Do you love where you live? The town yes, the home no because I want to live in our home in Vegas again. I love that home!
40. How many TVs do you have in your house? 2
41. Who is your loudest friend? Myself or maybe Nadine.
42. How many dogs do you have? 3
43. Does someone have a crush on you? Well, I hope my husband still does.
44. Do you get embarrassed easily? Not as easy as I used to. 2 attempts at Invitro and a 2 year old will do that to a person.
45. What is your favorite book? 1000 Days in Venice by Marlene DeBlasi (I probably spelled her name wrong.)
46. What is your favorite candy? Not really a candy person. I guess Jolly Ranchers or Chocolate covered raisins would be up there if I had to choose. Don't remember the last time I bought either of them.
47. Do you know all the words to the Fresh Prince theme song? Yes That and many other useless songs from my youth. IE. BABY GOT BACK, ICE ICE BABY... The list goes on and on.
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? Never thought about it. I like the song on my playlist His Eye is on the Sparrow though.
49. What were you doing 12 AM last night? Listening to Bird snore soundly as I tried to fall asleep.
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? Do I have time to shower before Bird leaves for work?

5 comments:

Nichole said...

Fun! Did you totally freak out when you had the finger accident at age 3??? I'll have mine up tomorrow.

Hope you have a great weekend!!

Susie said...

Another great list:-)

Betty said...

This was so interesting. I did it yesterday too, but it´s going to post on Tuesday, if you want to check in and read it.
I loved learning more about you. Hope you are having a good weekend!

Renata said...

Great post! It's nice getting to know you a bit better! Hope the work situation settles down.

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

I still wear that purple dress - and yes, it is truly the ONLY bridesmaid dress I have ever been able to wear after the wedding...even though we all promise. You alone were right.