OK, so here's one story of how God operates if only you'll listen. As you know, Bird and I are new to CA and are winding our way through the land of making new friends. About 5 months ago Bird was in the children's section at a local Barnes and Nobel with Yaya. While there, he bumped into a lady named Kristina with her 2 little girls. They start chatting and soon Bird learned Kristina's girls are both adopted and vise verse.
Fast Forward 3 days. Bird takes Yaya for a walk and decides it's time for some ice cream. Conveniently, Baskin Robins was located along his walking path that day. Low and behold! Guess who is sitting their with her hubby and girls. Kristina! Are you seeing God's plan taking effect here yet? They decide this isn't just a coincidence and exchange numbers. Well, Kristina actually gave my hubby her business card. As a side note, the words "Hot Date!" were written on the back of it. NO KIDDING! She quickly explained she is a beauty consultant and the person at her parties who picks that card gets a special spa treatment from her. That's her story anyway. Right Kristina?? Ha ha! So, Scott comes home and tells me about this mystery lady and their 2ND chance meeting.
A few weekends later we all met at the park and formed a nice little bond. Their youngest girl's birthday is 2 days after Yaya's and they're practically our neighbors. We've gotten together a few times for play dates or a meal but more importantly Kristina invited me to join her Women's Bible Study. YEAH! GOD HAD A PLAN FOR THEIR MEETING ALRIGHT and I got it loud and clear. What a blessing this friendship and Bible study have already come to be for me. Stories for another day but I wanted to give you a little inspirational background before sharing the light and fun stuff. Last weekend, Kristina invited me to her Annual Pumpkin Party.
This is Kristina explaining a pumpkin decorating technique.
This is Stacy. She's in our Women's Bible study too.
Here's the pumpkins all lined up before we started decorating them.
We were asked to bring one medium size pumpkin and one small pumpkin.
A few of the "character" pumpkins.
Did you notice the surprise visitor on this painted pumpkin?
Here's my pumpkins and the cute party favor everyone received. It was filled with yummy Chex mix, candy corn and a hint of peanut butter flavoring if I'm not mistaken.
This fall I'm thankful for many things but God's presence in my life is
THE thing I'm thankful for most of all.
By the way, this is my 91st post. Any suggestions what I should plan for my 100th post? It's coming up much faster than I ever imagined. Heck, I never imagined I would write 91.
16 comments:
That is weird how things work out like that:-)
Sometimes things are more than just a coincidence, huh? Especially when it happens more than once.
It's so great that you're making friends here!
Nichole,
Yes, I see the Lord's hands written all over this friendship!!
He is so good to us...all the time.
By the way, loved your pumpkin! And I'm lovin ya! Blessings to you, sweet sis!
It's so good when you can see God's plan - much harder though when you've got no idea what He's got in mind!!
I never knew a pumpkin could look so pretty!
This is a great story and I agree not a coincidence. I have had a similar experience in the blog world. You may have seen this on my blog but I have met a woman who was born on the same day and year as me and there are countless things alike about us. And, as we read each other's blogs we keep finding more. I feel this is no coincidence and feel blessed with the new acquaintance. The thing about your story is that it would never have happened in my opinion if you and your husband had not already been listening. Here's to being willing to listen!!!
Yea! meeting new friends is always fun...esp. when you move as much as you do. I DID see the Barn picture...(while i was too sick to comment...) I love it... (I framed one too! ) Now I feel almost famous! xxx hugs!
Definitely more than a coincidence.
The pumpkin party is such a great idea. They all look wonderful!
That is what happen between me and my husband -- we just kept meeting up all over the place and became friends. We would all hand out and watch movies and cook. And then one day we started dating. Our song for our wedding was keeper of the stars. I always say God works in funny ways. You just have to look and listen -- you will get the message. I feel in my heart it is God pulling me to open my new site-- it was on my heart all day.
Love all the pumpkins -- That most of been fun.
Much Love
Anissa
Chance meeting, no way. God does communicate with us in so many ways! You, Bird and Yaya are so blessed!
Praise God... what a blessing and those pumpkins are so fun!!!
That's so wonderful that He provided you such a nice friend. I hope your friendship just grows and grows.
Cute pumpkins btw.
Love the pumpkins!!!
Thanks for visiting me on m BATW day. Ohh it sounds very romantic for your 10th anniversay to go to Europe. I'll have to keep an on your blog to see where you end up going. I couldn't agree more with this post. It is fate that my husband and I met 8 years ago. We met in a train station. I miss my train and he happen to be waiting there. :) God always has a plan and a reason :)
the pumpkins are super cute!
Isn't it wonderful when things just seem to fall into place. I have a friend who our meeting was very similar. We both have 5 kids. Each of her children are 6 months older then each of mine but opossite sex. She even has twins that are 6 months older than my twins. The similarities don't stop there, but this is your story, not mine! lol
Yep, I'd agree this was not just a chance meeting!
And I love your pumpkins! So cute!
Post a Comment