As you know, my husband and I are unable to have children of our own due to IF. I have Poly cystic Ovarian Syndrome which causes me not to ovulate regularly if at all. Even with the help of fertility drugs and IVF we were unable to conceive. After much prayer we chose the blessed road of adoption. I have chosen to highlight women in various stages of their IF journey. They have been kind enough to allow me to link to their personal posts about their thoughts, feelings and struggles with IF. Infertility can often feel like a lonely journey no matter what stage you are in. You are welcome to leave specific prayer requests, your own stories, uplifting comments or even examples of answered IF prayers. Most important of all please pray for the women who are sharing their personal IF stories with us today.
Sissy at Out on a Limb, Which Path?, God = Mysterious
Laura at Mommy in Waiting, Things You Don't Always Think About, Some Days Are Easier Than Others
Merideth at The Road Less Traveled gave me permission to share these posts Anguish and Grief, Seeking God's Comfort, Put Yourself in My Shoes
Tracey at Grace Comes By Hearing, Infertility, 10 Things That Didn't Help Us Get Pregnant, God Has Found Our Baby , Letter to a Woman I Pray for Every Day
Melissa at Stretch Marks shared Really Bad Hair Day
As always you are invited to read our own journey to parenthood.
Click here for a beautiful post that's sure to lift your heart.
10 comments:
Thank you for helping to spread awareness and especially for your prayers. The Lord has certainly used you to encourage me... more than you can ever know.
Praying for all those on this dificult journey... that they will be able to find the support they need... (((hugs)))
Loved your post and I will visit each one tonight and send them some hugs. I'm not able to have any more kids myself but would still love to have another baby someday.
Much Love and Prayers
Anissa
Thanks for posting these other blogs. I will check them out too. Blessings to all...GOD DOES HEAR OUR PRAYERS....HE JUST HAS OTHER PLANS FOR OUR LIVES SOMETIMES!!!!
Frizzy, I just read your journey to parenthood. It was so moving. Your faith in God is so evident. Please remember you are as much a mother to Yaya as I am to my kids. God just used different ways to give us the precious children that we desire. Please remember that adoption is NEVER a second-rate option.
I agree so much! Adoption isn't a second-rate journey. It's a top notch drag you through the ditch and test your every last bit of faith before you are blessed with the child He meant just for you. Yaya is now and always was our child. She even looks like us more than her bio mom. God knows what he's doing. No DOUBT! Notice the button made for me by my friend Jai on the right side of this page.
You are so AWESOME to highlight these amazing gals and their stories... and yours, too! ;)
Hi, I have/had PCOS and by the grace of God it went away... and I have been blessed with two little ones. I know too many people who cannot have children and my heart breaks for them, praise God for your little girl!!!
My hubby and I have been trying for a year, I fell ill for 1yr and we have been trying again now for about a year. Unfortunately, we don't have the resources to spend on fertililty docs and drugs, but my meds are what really mess us up. We thought I was pregnant last week, but it appears to be yet another month of an empty womb. I am pretty bummed, no, really sad.
Anyway....time will tell, and God has a plan for us....that's what keeps us trying and from slipping into that pit hole of disappointment.
What an amazing way to bring awareness to IF. I've read Melissa's Really Bad Hair Day. What a struggle. Thanks for sharing and thanks for submitting your post!
I had no idea there was a National Infertility Awareness Week. I suffered from secondary infertility, so we ended up adopting child #2 and #3. I've never blogged about the infertility, but I sure lived under a dark cloud for almost 4 years! (visiting from BPOTW)
Post a Comment