A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Halloween!

This picture was taken our first Halloween together. My girlfriend, Carrie and I had a Halloween party at our house. Bird showed up and scared the living daylights out of us in his "One of a kind" Frankenstein/Walmart Greeter costume. You can tell by the way I'm hugging him that I'm not too sure I want to get close to him in that getup. YUCK! Yaya saw this picture today and isn't too sure of it either. She screamed, "NO that's not my daddy!" I'll never forget that night! He borrowed the "blue blouse" from a friend of his who worked at Walmart part time. He even brought Happy Face Stickers to pass out to everyone at the party. He's always up for keeping life from being dull. That is why My Husband Rocks! Now come on and join the fun with me by clicking on over to Candid Carrie's Friday Foto Finish Fiesta and Katy Lyn's My Husband Rocks. Be sure to leave some comment love here first.
By the way, Happy Halloween!

13 comments:

Susie said...

Very cute Halloween photo!! I love the idea of his costume:-)

BBB said...

Dang your good - A halloween pic that also covers the Hubby Rocks ... nicely done!

Betty said...

Happy Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I love it! I was actually inspired by my outfit that night too...the girls and I are all dressing as black cats tongiht!!! Have fun!!!!!! Love, Carrie

Debra Kaye said...

Frizzy....that is an awesome photo! Happy Friday to you my friend!

Tracy P. said...

Thanks for stopping in today--love that photo! Isn't it great to be married to a fun guy?

Renata said...

Oh my goodness - he does look scary!

Bug said...

I SOOOOO Remember this! That is too funny about Yaya! That was a really fun night! I miss the good ol days that you, Carrie and I had!

I guess I can't boo you because you have already been booed! :-)

That is what I get for posting so late! Love ya!

Outnumbered2to1 said...

That is just wrong on so many levels ;)

Kelly said...

Happy Halloween!!
What an original, hysterical costume!! Looks like you all had fun!

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

Oh that Bird! Hope you had equal fun and memorable moments tonite! My curiosity is piqued about your newfound info...I don't know a THING about facebook! Keep me posted!
~k

Dawn said...

I love Bird's costume!! I have never been able to come up with original ideas like that!! Too funny that YaYa didn't think that was HER daddy!!

Anonymous said...

Great job reporting last night! You are the best and so loving of life. I Love you