A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Takin Care of Business

1st Remember to leave a comment if you want to be a part of my Pay it Forward Drawing. The deadline ends tomorrow. Some of you left comments but didn't actually say if you wanted to play. Please be sure to tell me you want to play so there is no confusion the day of the reveal. It's going to be fun because Yaya will be choosing 3 names from a hat. I've already got most of the treats ready to go. All I need are 3 winning names. 2nd Do you see the Secret Santa Shindig button on the right side of my blog? If you want to take part head on over and tell Kori you want to play. Be sure to tell her that I sent you too. Who knows, maybe we'll get to be Secret Santa buddies. 3rd Lordy, Lordy... I won an Awardy from the Avtcoach over at This Abundant Life. I have seen this award on countless blogs and am thrilled to receive it myself. I must admit, I borrowed the little Lordy Lordy Rhyme from Liz over at About a Boy or Two. She's in the hospital recovering from surgery so please go give her some positive and healing words to lift her spirits.

Here are some rules from the bloggy rule book! 1. Place the logo on your blog. 2. Link to the person who awarded you. 3. You can nominate up to 5 blogs 4. You can then add their links to your blog. 5. Leave a message in the comment section to each nominee on their blog. I love this part!! It is so fun to reward people for the hard work they put into posting and creating! Thank you Avtcoach!

1. Nancy at Be Not Afraid

2. Merideth at The Road Less Traveled

3. Betty at Weins World

4. Trish at The G-Unit

5. Karin at 6 By His Design

In all honesty I could nominate all the blogs I read on a daily basis. I LOVE YOU ALL! I also know many of you have already received this award so I will try to spread the love rather than repeating it. The blogs above are just a few places I find comfort and a sense of personal reflection from on a regular basis! I know you too will be inspired by their spirituality, honesty and sense of humor. I always come away from their blogs having learned something new about them and/or myself in the process of reading their journeys.

10 comments:

Betty said...

Thank you so much! I am honored! You made my day!

Jess said...

Hey there. Thanks for stoppin' by :)

I'd like a kiddo, but we aren't ready. Plus I just started school, so its not a good time. :D

Susie said...

Congratulations on your award. You are very deserving:-)

Meridith said...

Oh my goodness!!! Thank you for the award!!!

And thank your for sharing your story and encouraging me... the Lord has used you to help restore my hope... and for that I am forever thankful... (((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Nichole,

Thank you so much for that! I would like to send it right back at ya! I truly enjoy hearing about Yaya and I'm overwhelmed when I read all that you have been through. Thank you for sharing yourself with me.
You know, you mentioned once about living in Italy.....we should talk! I would love to pick your brain about that!!

Nancy

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

Thanks for the award!!!

Have you ever noticed they all seem to be in spanish? Que es esto? (What's up with that?)

Love ya,
~k

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

Congrats on your award.

You've been BOO-ed come on over and pick up your Halloween Treat -- Just Scroll down to get it.

Hugs

Anonymous said...

Thank you Nichole!! You sure a sweet! Happy Halloweenie!! ;-)
Tritia
da G'unit

Anonymous said...

Ooops..I had a typo in the other one I sent...he he he... I meant to write:

Thanks Nichole...you are a sweetie...it was a mixture of you are sweet and you are a sweetie! *ha*

Happy Halloweenie!!
Trit
da G'unit

Shannon said...

Keep rackin' up the awards, girl :)


And you've been BOO'd by me... come check it out!