A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

4 Reasons My Choice is LIFE.

This morning it was our group's turn to care for the Pre K kids during our Mom's Bible study. What a blessing it was too. I really wanted to be in Yaya's toddler room to observe her. As always, God had other plans. A few mom's needed to be in her room with their children who have separation anxiety. Where did that lead me? Notice I said, "lead me" not "leave me?" I got to hang in the nursery. 2 years ago this would have been PURE TORTURE for me. To be surrounded by babies when I could not have one of my own. (I still shudder at the memory.) Yet today, I sat there surrounded by babies and was as happy as I could possibly be. If I could have picked them all up and held them all at once I would have. Unfortunately, I only have two arms so two was the max at one time for today. A woman in the group commented to me, "You have a gift! Not many people could handle 6 infants at once and keep them all happy and smiling like you're doing now." I hadn't even noticed how many babies were surrounding me til she said it. 3 were next to me in swings, 2 were in my lap and another was sitting just close enough to play along too. I couldn't have been happier!
So, I finally sit down tonight to read your blogs and two of you if not more have written about Pro Life vs. Pro Choice in relation to the upcoming presidential election. Today's experience and tonight's readings bring me now to this one horrifying thought. What would I/we have done if there was no Yaya? I'm talking not even an option of Yaya. I can't fathom it or my life without her.
Now, let me preface the rest of my post with this statement. I have always been a woman who supported PRO CHOICE. That was until I learned I am "infertile or fertility challenged." I have seen both sides of the debate and know why this is an emotional thing for not just one woman but ANY AND EVERY WOMAN. By now, you know the story of our Journey to Parenthood. Here are my reason(s) for choosing PRO LIFE.
1. If it weren't for my parents choosing life, I would not be here today. I wasn't planned at least not at the time I joined their lives.
2. My nephews weren't planned either and my life would be empty without them.
3. I would not be a mother had it not been for the brave and beautiful woman who chose LIFE for Yaya. Trust me, Yaya's mother had many reasons to choose abortion over life. Yet, she still chose LIFE! I thank her EVERY DAY for her choice of LIFE. I know God has played a roll in all of these "unplanned" pregnancies just as He had a plan for my infertility.

On a lighter note. There is still time to sign up for my drawing. Be sure to tell me you're in by Friday. Yaya will pull 3 names over the weekend and the winner will be announced next week.

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Very thoughtful post.... I am very happy for your family... : )

Ari Forrester said...

The pro-choice/pro-life debate is one issue that I just can't make up my mind about. In one respect I don't think ANYONE can decide for another person, and at the same time, I know that every single life is uniquely created by God for a purpose in this world...
(Of course I don't think it is ever ok to abort, but as far as making that choice for someone else....I'm torn.)

I feel like I have pretty strong opinions about most things, and I can't even figure out my opinion on this one at all.

Renata said...

This post gives me goosebumps - praise God for that woman's bravery to choose life for Yaya. I am definitely pro-life - but then I've never been in the situation where I've really had to make that choice (well except to choose laser surgery over cutting Eli's cord when we had TTTS - but that was easy).

Dawn said...

That is a great post! I had to face that decision at 16 and know that until you are put in these situations directly like we've been, you can say what you think or would do, but you can know for sure when you've been faced with the choices. Yay for YaYa's mom! How fun to watch the babies in the nursery! You really must have a gift! JP is writing the letters that we talked about (he may have already), but he also says he hasn't been indicted on anything and could be found not guilty, so he isn't sure what the people can or will do, but he did want to try. There is such a short time between the trial and the sentencing, I think. Thanks for the information!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this post. Sometimes, I get so worked up about stuff that I can come off very judgemental and unloving. Adoption is an issue not talked enough about. While I do have 3 blessings of my own....we suffered a total of 7 miscarriages in between. We looked into adoption but found, it was just something we couldn't afford.
God Bless you for all that you have been through, for reading my blog and for commenting.

BBB said...

Good post... It IS an incredibly emotional issue... thank God for all of you!

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

Loved you post! I believe every baby should be born -- God put that baby there for a reason. That is just me -- this is what I believe and don't want to hurt anyones feelings.

So, glad you got you baby girl! She was born for you! See God does have a plan!

Hugs

Terri said...

I am so glad you were "lead" to the nursery so you could have this wondful feeling! I, too, choose LIFE! My oldest was not planned (I was only 17) but can not imagine my life with out him. He is the reason I am who I am today (along with my 4 other children). Also, my mom had a TERRIBLE pregnancy with my older sister, so I too was an accident. With out her choice of LIFE I would not be here!

God Bless!!

Meridith said...

Such a beautiful testimony to our Lord... the GIVER of LIVE!!!

I praise him for healing your heart so you can enjoy spending time in the nursery... what a sweet time... looking forward to that day myself.

Again, thank you for sharing your heart (((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

What an inspiring post! You know I am pro-life. I did not know if I would be able to have children and God blessed us with 3 sons. Had that not happened, we would have looked into adoption. Adoption is not talked about enough-thank you for sharing!

junglemama said...

Wonderful post. Like you I used to be pro-choice and had life chaging events change me. Blessings.

Betty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betty said...

It is truly a gift to be able to take care of so many baby´s at once. Me? Not so much....
I´m better with older children.
Great inspiring post!

Anonymous said...

I love you! I,m glad I never had to think about all the reasons. Just glad I got you!

Shannon said...

Girl, where is the kleenex warning???? You gotta give a pre-menstrual gal a chance to get her hormones in check...

Shannon said...

AND Josh Groban's "You Are Loved" playing did not help my emotions from getting out of whack...

Anonymous said...

I have something Brillante for you at my place!!!

Debra Kaye said...

Frizzy,

I am always for life ~ I believe it is God who knits that child in the mother's womb. I have two children and they are ten years apart...I lost 5 children in between them. I was told by doctors that I would never be able to carry another child after the last miscarriage. Joshua proved every doctor wrong. He is a walking miracle. They lost my heart beat 3 times giving birth to him, and it came down to "who do we save"... and I begged for the life of my child. God, in His infinite mercy, saved us both! Hallalujah!

So, thank you, for your post today on why you are pro-life! I love your sweet heart and I love your love of little ones ~ it is truly a gift that you could have 6 infants all happy at once!

Showering you with ((hugs)) today!

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

Thank you for popping by my little slice of heaven/blogdom. Its great to be meeting so many fabulous people from my recliner. I am actually a big fan of your layout - I might just have to see if I can't create something similar. (((HUGS)))

Nichole said...

I always loved working in the infant room at the daycare.

I am really on the fence in the pro-life/pro-choice debate. One on hand I think a woman should be able to make her own choices regarding her body. On the other I hate to think of all those babies who aren't allowed to be born.

I wasn't planned either. My parents were only dating when my mom got pregnant. They decided to get married, and I was born 2 months 4 days after their wedding. Now ask me if I think people should get married just because the woman gets pregnant and I'll have a definite answer. No riding the fence on that one.

cat said...

What a great post!

Anonymous said...

I choose life too.

I say, EQUAL RIGHTS FOR UNBORN WOMEN! :)
Great post!!!