Bird made a last minute Executive decision Sunday afternoon. After looking at other local festivals he decided we would try the huge Italian Festival in Walnut Creek next year. The local one was pretty small and we were looking for more bang for your buck. What did he/we choose in it's place?
BBQ BABY!
We attended the 2008 Rhythm and Ribs Cook Off.
Who doesn't love BBQ? There were 6 competitors this year trying to be #1 for their Ribs. These little BBQ joints were hop pin! The festival was really well organized. There were multiple tents where you could purchase your food and drink tickets. The tickets could be used at any of the food vendor tents. There were plenty of tables and shade tents to enjoy the food and bands.
Sunday's bands included:
The Boys of Summer (A Tribute to Don Henley & the Eagles)
They were awesome! They looked and sounded just like the Eagles and Beatles. Accents and all. The festival had free transportation while inside the event. YaYa was all for it. Bird had to take his turn riding in the big Caboose. Trust me, I have tons of snide comments but I'll keep them to myself!
The West Sacramento Firemen passed out safety awareness stuff to all the kids. Here's our little Fire person. Is that the PC term these days?
Here, YaYa enjoys sampling some homemade fudge. There was strawberry, pumpkin, vanilla, and nut flavored fudge. She's licking off every last bit of the samples. Evidently, she missed a few spots on her face.
I have to admit, this festival seemed to be geared more towards men than women. You'll see why I came to this conclusion after viewing the next few pics. Here's another sign. This one made me cringe rather than chuckle I got from yesterday's. Can you see why?
GROSS Right!!!
Then there were the manly candles.
Here's a few names/scents.
Mowed the Lawn
Beer
Pig Skin
The Woodsman
The Smokeshop.
And my favorite...
Cover up the Cheese
Happy Monday Everyone!
On a side note, we received a counter offer at 11:00 P.M. tonight. The seller only came down $3,000.00 on our dream home. His counter offer isn't even close to the comps in the area. We're countering once more. More than anything, I ask you to pray for this man. He lost his wife to cancer in this house so I know selling his home is financially hard as well as emotionally hard too. Thank you for your prayers and follow up questions about the house. I'll continue to keep you posted.
24 comments:
It looks like a great time! I love the pictures!! I have an award for you on my blog :-)
Eww, gross sign! When I was in elementary school, my friends and I would get Guy brand chex mix because there were nuts in it, and laugh about eating "guy's nuts."
Funny about the slant towards men there!! Your daughter is such a cutie. :)
You posted on my blog about my fall reading list and wondering if they followed the same characters. I'm not sure which books you were refering to, but I am guessing the Debbie Macomber books. Yes, they follow the same characters and introduce new ones. They are for adults, not geared for kids though. Just clarifying.
Your padres must just LOVE the fact that you and Yaya are so close.
Btw, I'm glad you went incognito. I worried about you a little. You've always been an open book, but sometimes it's just better to fog the windows.
Love you!
MMMM BBQ. Gotta love it. I agree that that sign is pretty darn nasty. And those candles? Totally unappealing. Did you smell any of them?
Thanks Nichole for your encouraging words!!!! Looks like you had a fun weekend! Some of the pictures really crack me up...
Well I was looking forward to some Italian food... but that BBQ looks so good!!
And that sign is so wrong! EWWW!
"cover up the cheese" LOL!
Hope you ate enought for me! Looks like yall had a great time. Thanks for sharing -- Much Love
you guys have a lot of fun festivals near you... this and the chicken one... really cool.
I looked around on some other blogs to find the origin of the award. Here are the rules:
If you already have the award just accept and that's all you have to do.
1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribute to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and a link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that presented her/him with the award.
4. The award winner and one who has given the prize have to show the link "Arte y Pico" blog so everyone will know the origin of this award (the link is http://arteypico.blogspot.com).
This is the explanation from the website:
What is the meaning of the expression: Arte y Pico
What is the meaning of the expression: And basically, ironically, it translates into a wonderful phrase in Mexico, “lo maximo.” It will never find its counterpart in English, but if it HAD to, it would be something like, Wow. The Best Art. Over the top.
My award didn't have the information with it, so I didn't have that on there. Sorry!!
LOL!! Geared toward men...well I'll say! But what else is there to expect when it's a BBQ festival? ;-) Loved this and also the chicken festival too. We have actually been missing out on a lot of festa/sagra because there is always something that needs to be done over the weekend. Grrrrr! So it's a treat to see the ones that you're enjoying now!
DAD'S NUTS! Oh my God...I'm rolling on the floor!!! Thanks I miss occations like this...
YAY a chicken free post :)
My fingers and toes are still crossed for you! I hope the counter offer goes well :D
lmao @ Dads nuts hahaaa
The pics of the festival are priceless! Oh my stars!! I would have loved the Eagle's sound alike bands...definitely my era! And YaYa and I and the fudge...yes ma'am!
I was touched by your prayer request for this man. Your light is shining my sweet friend. To God be the glory!
Looks like you guys had a great time.
I hope the house situation works out for you guys. I know we ended up overpaying for our house, but is was the price we were willing to pay to get the house we wanted!!(pun intended)
I will be praying!
That looks so fun. She is so cute. Love the pictures.
What a fun weekend! I love those laid back family days when you just take it as it comes.
You stopped by for my SITS day at The Journey a while back, and I'm still wandering about returning the visits. All of the amazing blogs have been too interesting to hurry through, but I did want to say thanks!
Oooo, BBQ! We have a similar festival in one of our mountain towns here in CO. We missed it this year but hopefully we can make it next summer. Looks like you had a lot of fun!
Good luck with the house. I know the process is never fun. You will be in my prayers!
Looks like you had a blast! YaYa enjoyed herself I am sure as did you all!
In response to your comment on my post earlier ~
I so wish that I could take a mini vaca and come to vegas with you! Hopefully one of us will either get to the others location sometime soon! Have a great time and I hope all is good with the house in Vegas.
You have me intrigued! I can't wait to see what you will have posted for me!
Be safe and have fun!
Love ya!
What a great festival!! Those local parties are always the best!!
"Rhythm & Ribs" - sounds like the recipe for a fun day out! We LOVE BBQ's here - & thankfully it's warming up enough we'll be able to have them without the accompanying bonfire that's needed in winter!
Don't think I'd buy those candles (or nuts).
Your daughter is absolutely the cutest!
prayin...
did you say homemade fudge?!
my mouth is watering!
pssst...check out my 4 things post :)
this so reminds me of my fav SNL skits, schwetty balls...ok, i'm not laughing out loud!!! ok, yes i am!!!
Post a Comment