A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Fun with YaYa

Will YaYa grow up to be a contortionist,
mechanic,

 
an artist
or a manicurist?

I can't get over how fast she's growing and becoming her own person. She wants to do EVERYTHING herself. This week was difficult for me. She suddenly, decided she's too big to snuggle with me before her afternoon naps.
"No Snuggle now. I go to my crib now mommy. Please?"
"Ok," I said as I held back tears in my eyes and sobs in my chest."
It's hard for me not to take it personal sometimes. She's my BABY!!!
Then I see pictures like the ones below and I realize it really won't be long til she's a
TEENAGER. MERCY!!! Can you see it to?
Thankfully, we really do live in a world where she can become anything she wants.
Who knows, maybe she'll run for Vice President or even President.
No matter where her dreams take her or what/who she becomes I know she'll be amazing!
I just hope she's not in too much of a hurry.

18 comments:

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

She is to cute! I know how you feel i have a two year old that is growing up so fast, my baby girl just turned 9 and my oldest will be 14. Where does the time go!

Dawn said...

She is precious!! You just have to find that snuggle time at a different time of day. You are so lucky that she wants to go to bed and doesn't fight you, but how funny that she says that!! She talks really well too! I hope you are having a great weekend!

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

Oh, Sweetie. I have just begun to live the transitions --- but it only gets harder! I CAN tell you that (sorry, Dear!)

Rhonda said...

Awww! It's okay mom! It's heart breaking, I know. But her independence means you are doing everything right!

Renata said...

They sure grow up too fast! She's a little cutie - that's for sure!

Susie said...

Oh my Gosh!! Bottle her cuteness up right now!! It's too much:-)

I know what you mean about growing up too fast. I have an 18-year-old who refused to stop growing up! She is coming home from college today to do some laundry and get a home-cooked meal. I don't know what to do with these kids today but it's good to know that she still needs her mommy.

To answer your question from my blog, yes please:-) I would love to be on your blog roll:-)

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

So cute! And they do grow up SO fast... cherish every "ordinary" moment!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this post and have been waiting for more pictures of her. So cute and so true. How will we send them off to kindergarten, let alone college:) So glad we are enjoying motherhood even more than we ever could have imagined. Hugs to that sweetie!

Bug said...

Awww...she is so adorable and imaginative! She really can be and do whatever she wants to down the road! I cannot believe how much she has changed even lately!

And for your Friday pic....wow...what a sweet guy you have! He is great! I am so glad you have found each other and still make each other happy!

Love ya all!

Jyl @ MommyGossip said...

Thanks for your beautiful comment. I am glad you stopped by my blog and happy to have visited yours. I love the pics. I would die if mine said they didn't want to snuggle. They are 7 and 5 and I still hold them like babies sometimes. I am sure the day is soon arriving, but I'll take whatever I can get in the meantime.

Hope to see you back again soon.

Shannon said...

Adorable!

I know Ya Ya has enriched your lives so much... just treasure every moment, 'cause they really do grow up so fast!

cat said...

They grow way too fast! And thanks for your concern - have been a bit rough around here.

~Trish~ said...

She is SO adorable!! Yes they do grow up so fast and even worse, they can change overnight it seems!!!

Anonymous said...

oh-my-gosh your little YaYa is adorable !! I stumbled onto your blog from Randi's blog.....you adopted her? I'd like to hear her story sometime, as we're planning to adopt in the near future.....

Tena said...

she is adorable!!!

Breanne said...

Oh my - she is soo cute!

Anonymous said...

she is just so cute.
my goodness...
Perhaps President?! yes!!!

Jenn H said...

What a dolly! She is adorable! Loved how she is a girl of many talents! Time really does fly by to fast!