I only hope you find the Real Story as funny as the ones you came up with. Here goes.
While living in Aviano, Italy my husband and I took the train to Venice with some friends. The plan was to go out for a nice dinner with the locals. So, we looked in all the windows of restaurants to see who was there and if it seemed to be a popular place. We didn't want to go to a tourist trap as they charge an arm and a leg. We found what we thought was the perfect place. Soon after we sat down and our server came and took our drink orders. My sweet husband ordered a coke while the rest of us ordered wine, beer or water.
The evening was perfect. Perfect food, perfect company, perfect atmosphere and then came the check. Guess which drink cost the most...the coke. It cost 10 Euro to be exact. Would you like a translation to US dollars? At that time you could plan on adding .25 cents for each Euro. Yes, it cost him $12.50 for that coke. (Wait a minute, I thought the goal was to avoid the tourist trap!) What does my sweet and shocked husband do? He proceeds to very nicely ask our server if cost of the drink includes the mug. Our server who had been quite friendly until this point proceeded to promptly take the mug out of his hand, walk across the room and place it behind the bar. Bird (AKA my husband) had been cut off. See any similarity to Seinfeld's Soup Nazi episode here? No Soup for you!
In his case, "NO COKE FOR YOU!"
11 comments:
That is too funny! I can't believe a coke would cost that much! LOL Great story!
Thanks for stopping by my tour of Colorado today. I'm glad you enjoyed and come back any time!
I love it! I am not sure if I have seen that picture before or not? I probably did if it was in one of your scrapbooks! Tell Scott that is why we must drink alcohol....it costs less! And to think he didn't use to drink it! hehehe!
Sorry I didn't see this yesterday to guess a story! I have been trying to go to bed early since I have to be at work so early now! ugh!
Too funny! Boy was I WAY off! I would have just taken the mug! lol (I am kinda kidding)
OH...I forgot to mention...I love the new Frizzy and bird!
So I still don't understand the smile - did he climb over the bar, grab his drink and pose for the shot --- or was the photo taken before the rudeness ensued?
How funny is that!!!! I think he should've stole the mug!
Oh my goodness - $12.50 for a coke! I think he should have just taken the mug! Thanks for your nice comments on my blog.
Sorry I missed yesterdays post, so I couldn't guess at a story - would have been fun!
Having lived in Europe, I understand the insanity behind the cost of a carbonated beverage there. Was it like in Paris where they charged you more if you wanted to drink it OUTSIDE?! And then for your $12 you didn't even get ICE ?! :)
He does look like a happy, happy man :)!
THanks so much for stopping by my blog. Glad I could entertain you!
Too funny!
My sister is the type of person who would have just taken the mug home with her! LOL
That was hilarious, $12.50 for a Coke???? And then to get cut off, lol!!!
Ah, I remember this story! Ah, typical Europe where wine is waaaaaay cheaper. Remember how you had to pay for ketchup at MCD's? And those packets were HALF the size of a normal packet. I only went to an Italian MCD's ONCE and never again! Ha!
I agree, he should have made off with it!
Post a Comment