A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My Dining Room

Ok, so last weekend was spent cleaning and organizing our rental home in hopes of making us like it more. I don't know that we were successful in either area but here are the results of my dining room anyway. You'll notice there is no light overhead. I have added a small table lamp by a reading chair. Luckily, we've only had guests over while there was still plenty of natural light from the windows behind the shelves. When it's the 3 of us we eat in our small kitchen. I'll post pictures of it on a later date.

A special thanks to Nesting Place as she is the one who inspired this post. She is giving us a tour of her kitchen and has also asked what to do with a black bookshelf she has. Well, what do you know?! I have the same shelf but 2 of them to deal with. UGH!

These boogers were part of my big weekend re arranging/organization project. I'm looking forward to your thoughts and comments. Did you notice? More pottery! I told you it's one of my big quirks and that I have it everywhere. What else can I say? I am addicted to the stuff.

11 comments:

Prudence Arcadia said...

Aha! I finally catch up! You are quite the blogger, ne? Oh and I love your layout!

Hey, I love what you did! It's quite elegant and you are brave to display your pottery! I still have to keep most of my Maneki Neko locked away, and any I do display, is on a high shelf.

Very smashing! Looks very inviting! I'll bring the Lavazza and Camembert! (like that one time you came to my home, whee!)

~Trish~ said...

It looks really nice :)

Joy said...

What a beautiful home you are making! You have done a wonderful job decorating. It looks comfortable, warm and inviting. I love a home that tells about the people who live there---like the pottery collections you have. You should feel very pleased with yourself. Be confident! You have a great style.
If you do want to have a light over your dining table, look for the kind that plugs in with a long cord. Then hang it, with a couple of hooks, from the ceiling. The nice thing is that you can take it with you.

Nichole said...

Your bookshelves look really nice!

Teri said...

You have done a wonderful job with making your home comfortable and beautiful. Your pottery collection is cool!

Carry Grace said...

I am working on our rental too! Your looks great.

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

I like how you placed your tiered plate thingy in the middle of your table. I just told The Nester that I'm going to try to put mine in the girls' room after I get their frame painted and I let Katie loose on a couple of canvases to surround the frame. Right now it's a bodacious green, though (bad pick on my part), so I have to repaint it. Then do the scripting and take their picture and...well, it's gonna be a while before I get all that done.

KatBouska said...

I hate decorating. We've lived in our home for just over six years and there's still nothing on out walls. When you're done over there can you swing by and give us a hand!?!

Susie said...

I think it looks great! I looks like a really nice cozy place to live. And I love the pottery! Very nice.

Thanks for visiting my blog today and for leaving such a nice comment. It only took me a weekend to actually make the cake. It is the concept and the design that I worked on for a year:-)

careysue said...

You did a great job..I can't give advice on decorating, because I'm terrible at it...I agree with everyone I love your pottery!

Lori said...

I LOVE that wall tapestry.