A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Candid Carrie and Friday Foto Finish Fiesta

I missed participating last week and am thrilled to be back and to see everyone's entries at Candid Carrie's weekly Friday Foto Finish Fiesta. Last week we were on vacation in North Dakota and Montana. I say vacation loosely and I'm sure many of you will understand where I'm coming from after reading further. You see, I told my husband he didn't have to stay for the entire vacation. He could go home after the wedding in ND and I would continue on with my mom to Montana to spend more time with the family. Looking back, I realize I should have had my head examined. My daughter just turned 2 and hardly stopped for a second. I wish I had pre-recorded my voice saying, "Not for baby, Please don't touch the curtains, icky toilet, plants, the crystal, tv, the buttons..." You get the picture. My least favorite is, "Stop throwing or playing with your food!" during every meal. Last week, was anything but a vacation for me. My husband on the other hand is rested and relaxed after heading home and back to work. CRAZY! I know!!! Anyway, this was one of my favorite moments during my entire week. I actually got to relax and have a complete "adult" conversation. I didn't dare move or touch her for fear "the Beast" would wake after only having a 5 minute nap. I just read Coffee Jitters post from today and Oh my what news she had to share. CONGRATULATIONS Judy! GOD IS GREAT!

17 comments:

Susie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susie said...

Ahh...she is such an angel sleeping there!! I totally know what you went through. It is like you can't do anything for the first couple years of their lives. I have a 4-year old and it does get better but geez...those first couple years.

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog today and leaving such a nice comment. Stop by later this weekend. I will have pictures of my second tiered cake:-)

Stacy said...

Aw, great pic! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Hope you come back often!

Lori said...

Oh, I LOVE that picture! The arms splayed out beside the bowl make it perfect!

Congratulations on surviving your "vacation" -- now back to work! ;)

careysue said...

she is just adorable!! I used to drive my oldest to pre-school in the afternoon's...my younger daughter at the time would always fall asleep in her car seat on the way home...I remember leaving her in the car to sleep the whole time and then driving back to pick up the pre-schooler still asleep in her car seat...(we lived in the country at the time don't worry, no neighbors!)

Jennifer said...

That's how I feel most days!! Very cute pic!!

Mamahut said...

You plum wore her out! She is too cute! That looked like me last night at dinner.

Anonymous said...

I remember those days. Never wake a sleeping child !!

Oh, and Michael is alllllll mine.

#1

Shannon said...

I love pics of sleeping kids! This is a cute one!

Terri said...

She is soo cute! Love the picture. I just sat and read your journey to your beautiful daughter. I was/am very touched by your story! The three of you are a true blessing to each other! God Bless!

Bug said...

That is so cute! Love the picture! I love the new layout as well! Good job and you didn't need my help!

Kelly said...

How cute...and nice for you to have a breather!

Cheryl Lage said...

What a captured moment! (I actually feel like this sometimes at the table too!)

Darling shot!
(we're praying for Tuesday.)

Jen said...

That is so cute. I wish my kids did that but no, they just scream louder.

Unknown said...

Sleeping Beauty !! :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. :-)

I am in Reno, so that is where the photos were taken.

I volunteer 3 - 5 days a week at one of the poorest schools in the area and we have a lot of motel families, etc. I've also worked in the court system, with DV victims, so I'm really aware of the darker aspects of life in the US, especially at street level. It's heartbreaking. especially in a country like the US.

Prudence Arcadia said...

ACK! I know how it is! I also spent my entire "vacay" chasing after Momo-chan in an un-child-proofed home last summer. (that would be my parent's house. And they have a pool. Double ack!)

That picture is classic! I love it!