A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday Foto Finish Fiesta

This picture was taken of my daughter a few days after her 1st birthday. A local Mexican restaurant we frequented presented the sombrero to her on her big day. 7-7-7 Lucky day!!! How could we not include it in her photos? The Picture People took this photo and many others in case anyone is curious. They did a great job! Such a great job, we had too many to choose from and just about went broke. This one still stands out as one of my favs. though. Drive on down to your local mall and check them out for your cutie pies.

By the way, that cute little smile is courtesy of a single cheerio in her sweet little mouth. If you want to check out more fun pictures, check out Friday's Foto Finish Fiesta at Candid Carrie's.

23 comments:

Nichole said...

That picture is too cute!
Thanks for the comment - I must admit that while I have some good ideas of my own, I browse lots of blogs for inspiration!
Hope you all have a great weekend!

Susie said...

That's definitely a keeper:-)

Terri said...

I love that picture! And a perfect picture for a fiesta!!

Jennifer said...

She looks so cute in that giant hat!! Wow 7-7-7!! That is lucky! I go to the Pic. People a lot and I've gotten some great pictures done there.

~Trish~ said...

Ahh good blackmail material for when she's a teen!!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I love it. My kiddos would have been obsessed with that hat. And trying to figure out how to get it off their heads and into their mouths. But look at yours. Sitting there so sweetly. And not trying to eat her hat.

Lori said...

Oh my gosh, that sombrero is as big as she is! Adorable.

Rowena said...

A cutie patootie! I love the sombrero, all she needs is a pinata beside her!

Aubrey said...

Que Bonita!
What an adorable photo! Love the sombrero.

Nice to see another Leelou blogger layout. BTW, great taste!

Shannon said...

LOL love the part about the cherrio.
I have a picture of my oldest girl holding a dollar. She was about 15 months old and was getting portraits done for the wedding she was a flower girl in. My mother-in-law bribed her with the dollar for her to cooperate... but my girl wanted the dollar before she would give any smiles. So, the dollar is in the pic.

Jo-Jo said...

Oh my! She is adorable and I love the hat!

Rhonda said...

It's perfect for the fiesta! Great photo!!

Kelly said...

What a great picture; I can see why it's one of your favorites!! I love the cheerio induced smile...oh, you can just eat her up!!!

Michelle said...

She is absolutely beautiful! I have enjoyed reading your blog and just have chills and tears of joy after reading how you were blessed with your little piece of "Heaven". Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a very nice comment.

lifelaughterchaos said...

she is so cute!!

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

I love that picture. I love pictures with babies in their diapers. I have tons of my kids that way. Thanks for stopping by tody! Much Love from Louisiana

Anonymous said...

that pic is simply adorable!
how cute that hat is.
:)

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

=)
kJ

Rowena said...

That's okay if you missed the cow...there will be other rock formations to guess at! As for that little trentino celebration, I just wished that we could have stayed longer. I suspect that those grandpas over there like to live it up. When I was checking out the polenta crew, one old guy plopped down a HUGE round of spressa cheese next to me and said, "This is the cocaine of the poor!" Huh? He goes on, "A slice of spressa with a glass of good wine..." (and here he makes a kissing motion with his fingers together placed to his lips).

Gawd, you just gotta love this country!

Jenn H said...

Love the picture, she is such a gorgeous dollie!!! I love the picture people but haven't been in years because I spend way too much there, lol!! Oh, and yes you can add me to your blog roll. I just got you added tonight :)

Renata said...

Gorgous pic - no wonder you couldn't decide if they're all like this! BTW is it alright if I add you to my blogroll? If so could you please tell me what name to put you under as I see you've changed yours & are you Frizzy or Bird?

Julie said...

Thanks for coming to my site and your prayers for my grandma. I appreciate it. She is so cute in that picture and I would love to know your little girl's story.... Also why were you in Italy?

Prudence Arcadia said...

Adorable! She is SO freaking cute with that sombrero! And I love Picture People! I always get a coupon around my birthday and for two years I have gone to get a most wonderful present-pictures of my Momo-chan!