A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Our 9 year anniversary gift to eachother

Here it is. Our 9 year anniversary gift to eachother. A bedroom suit. We finally broke down and bought one after 9 years. Before Friday, our bedroom was blah and nothing to write about!!! Imagine the above pictures minus the headboard, footboard, nightstands and the big dresser. DULL!!! Empty!!! Mm Hm! Minds out of the gutter people. I am talking about the bed and the room itself Not our love life. Ha! We had no headboard. The dresser we had was a hand me down from my father's childhood. It even included it's own original distressed look called, "Be Be Gun bullet marks." This is not to be confused with any other kind of distressing, I promise you. Did I mention the old room was DULL? The new one is beautiful and should last us a lifetime. It was Hand made in California from solid Oak. The finish is called medium antique. The best part, I don't have to share my drawers with him anymore and they're all made from Cedar. An added bonus...Once again, I was able to remind my husband of one of my original marital promises.

"Every day will be our honeymoon."

I'm in the decorating mood. Any suggestions of what I might put on the wall around the bed. Keep in mind, I'm not allowed to paint as we're in a rental.

13 comments:

Bug said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, the new bedroom set! Ok...what does that marital promise really mean!?! I know about your wedding night and the honeymoon drive to Wyoming!?!?!

I hope that some day Mark and I will also be able to buy a nice new bedroom set too! It is a future dream!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

oh it's really a lovely set.
Congratulations on 9 years!

~Trish~ said...

Oh wow very pretty!!! What about some type of lighting? I saw you have lamps but there are those cool funky track lighting type lights that if you like to read, those would be kinda cool??

Jenn H said...

Love it! Lol about the bb gun distressing! Happy 9th anniversary! Wall hanging, hmmm, I'll have to think about that...not very good at decorating as we're never anywhere long enough for me to feel like its worth it, lol!

Prudence Arcadia said...

Ooooh, love the set! Room looks fab! And a good strong headboard is good feng shui-you have the protection of the wise turtle. Hmm, since that head board makes such a strong statement, I cannot thing of anything, maybe a delicate but beautiful painting? No plants or water tho! (bad feng shui, it affects health).

I have a black headboard that is solid and I have two small pictures of statues above my bed that seems to not compete with the headboard. Peruse catalogs on/offline to see what inspires!

Congrats on nine smashing years!

Renata said...

Gorgous bedroom set! (I'm totally envious - we'll be celebrating our 9th anniversary in December - maybe I should get Dave to have a look at this post as a hint!!LOL) Above our bed we have some wedding photos - I also love paintings above beds (of course of a country scene).

Susie said...

Your set looks great! Too bad you can't paint:-( But, if everyday is like your honeymoon, I think candles...everywhere:-)

You are such a sweetheat leaving those great comments on my blog today:-) I wrote about my competition last night. Come back and check out the pictures:-)

Jess said...

yay! we did this too each other for our anniversary too! Its great and it really makes the room! :) Congrats on your anniversary?

Julie said...

that is really a pretty set, happy anniversary!

I live in Budapest, because we are missionaries here. I have lived here for 7 years and not sure how long we will be here but we own our flat, so probably a while... that is our story :)

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL! Super set... How about some family photos on the wall? I am a total SUCKER for Black & white... GOing to try to get some up in our B room this week. T R Y...

@ our windows... We want as much light as possible because of the dark winters... but want to have some privacy

Jess said...

Hey thanks for the comments. As you can tell from the blog post I just made, I am bipolar LOL... Have a great day!!

Shannon said...

Happy (belated) anniversary :)

I really like the new bedroom furniture... kind of has that mission/arts & crafts style going on. And I love the pooch sleeping on the pillow!

Since painting is out, how about just hanging up an arrangement of family photos? Or maybe a print of a favorite painting?

Our Crazy Happy Family said...

Oh I am so with you on this one! It took us 11 years of marriage to finally get a set and now I don't know how I lived without it (well ofcourse I do but I like to forget). Your set is beautiful!!! Congrats on 9 years (a bit late)