It's Friday Foto Finish Fiesta day at Candid Carrie's again and my what fun she's having. Go ahead and check her out. I'm happy I did and I'm now hooked on Fx4.
A little over a year ago we were invited to a party being held at the Golden Nugget's swimming pool in Las Vegas. Our little neighbor, was celebrating her birthday there and it was going to be "Ocean's of Fun"! This was YaYa's first birthday party invitation and it's one we would never pass up or ever forget.
Not even the hungry sharks could keep us away.
Too bad we couldn't keep our eyes open for the pictures. Maybe we were too busy looking down around our feet for fear a shark had escaped the tank behind us. AACK! If you look closely at the photo just above and on the left you'll see what looks like a glass tube laying on it's side behind us. It's a huge waterslide that actually goes through the middle of the shark tank. Talk about a rush!!! We had a blast and it's one birthday party we'll never forget.

78 comments:
Oh my gosh, this has to be the best water park in the history of America! I love these pictures ;)
Yikes, a water slide that goes through the shark tank!
I LOVE that ladybug float, where can I get one??
Lori, We got the ladybug float at K Mart last summer. Not sure where you could get them this year but they are wonderful and she still uses it this year. Check out a pool supply store if KMart or WalMart don't have them in their seasonal section. Thanks for stopping by.
Just the illusion that you're swimming with sharks freaks me out!!!!
That is such a cool pool! I want to rush down the slide, through the sharks, into the pool- how fun!
Wow! How cool is that pool
So fun!! That is what summer is all about :)
Great pics!! Scary slide.
I so need to take my boys there. Is the shark real? I don't think I could make myself go in!
I still love those pics and sorry that we did not get over to that pool while we were visiting last summer. Oh well!
Keep taking those pictures! Sorry that you aren't going to be able to make it out here now this summer. Hopefully next summer of during the year.
WOW WOW WOW
I've visited your blog before, and thought how cool it was that we were celebrating our baby girls at the same time. My little one was born 14th April 2007. Opposite sides of the world, meeting our daughters at the same time.
That shark behind you is freaky! Yikes!
And again, congrats on your SITS day. You deserve it!
OMG! That must be quite an experience!
Yikes, I do not know if I could go on that waterslide. More because of the tube factor - claustrophobia-inducing! - than because of the sharks.
Though, you know, the sharks are pretty impressively scary as well! What a great "first" birthday party to attend for your daughter - extra memorable!!
Cheers and happy SITS day!
How neat is that?? Wonderful pics. of a fun-filled day!!
Great pictures! Looks like y'all had a blast.
That is so sweet! Great pix. I would much rather do that than acctually swim with them which I have done. Scary!
OMG! I want to go there! I bet that was an amazing party. My daughter would be so jealous if she saw those pics.
EEK! I am not sure I would have been able to do that! That's too close for me! :)
Those pic's are great! Wow, I don't know if I could swim their even knowing they are in their own tank. I love Candid Carrie it makes for such Phun Phriday's....LOL.
Great pictures. Makes me wish for summer. Happy SITS day!
Visiting from SITS Again!
Love these photos! The next time we are in Vegas, we are going to have to check this out! Though I foresee much fear on my son's part that might bring about an early exit! Looks so cool! What a way to start your little girl's birthday party life! And it does seem to take on a life of its own -- my son turned 4 and all of a sudden is getting scads of birthday party invites. We had two yesterday!!! Fun but getting a bit expensive!
ACK! I remember this post! And it still freaks me out! I know its just an illusion, that you're not really swimming with the sharks... but, YOWZA! ;)
That's so neat! I wish we had places like that here. Our kids would love it and it looks like you had a great time!
WOW!!!! That place looks awesome!
Would love to have that here!
how stinking cool is this! So much fun
Very cool birthday shots!
Have a wonderful day and enjoy all the visitors!
:^) Anna
I think I would totally freak out about swimming so close to those sharks, even with the thick glass divider!
Happy SITS day! I don't think I'd be able to go through that water slide lol! That's just wicked crazy.
oh how fun (& scary) that looks! What a fun party :-)
WOW! Now that is an awesome setting for a water park:)
Wow. That's cool.
How cool!
Wow. What a cool water park!
I can just hear the jaws theme song in my head!
Oh wow. My son would go beserk over that pool. He loves sharks. :)
Great pictures!
holy cow, I've never seen anything like that! Swimming next to a shark tank? how COOL is that? And sliding right through one?
awesome!
Oh...My...Gosh...girl, you brave.
I don't think I could do that. I have a problem swimming in a murky lake. You can't see what is underneath your feat. Zoikes!!
Vegas has to have fabulous water parks.
What a nice memory.
That looks like fun!
Popping over from SITS! Have a great day!
Oh my word! Those are such cool pictures!
how freaking fun! i would LOVE to do something like that!
we went swimmng with the dolphins at sea world on our honeymoon and it was such a blast. maybe on our second honeymoon we can do this. :)
That is too cool! I would LOVE that!
over from sits.
how nuts!!!!
Yikes! Scary, I would die, then scream and run outa there.
Wait, I guess it would be in the reverse order.
I want to go there! That looks like fun!
I can practically HEAR the Jaws music! I feel like screaming "get out of the waaaater :)!!!!"
What a darling little girl you've been blessed with.
I don't know if I could do that...it would mess with my mind!
How neat and how freaky at the same time! Not sure I'd have the courage to do that or not. Kudos to you!
I'm terrified of sharks, and I grew up in the desert. That would freak me out! Looks like fun though.
that is soooo crazy....that is amazing with the sharks...i would be scard out of my swimsuit....
What an AWESOME party! I would so ride that slide. But I might pee a little, out of fear. lol. Glad you had such a blast!
What an awesome spot for a birthday party! A slide down a shark tank? That's way too cool.
OMG, I want to slide through the shark tank!
I hope you have a great SITS day!
VERY cool looking, but it would be impossible for me- I can't swim, don't like swimming pools and the sharks would have frightened me. I am such a wimp!
That is the coolest swimming pool I have ever seen. Congrats on your SITS day, enjoy it!
Haha, what a great idea. Looks like fun to me!!
Holy coolness!
What a cool (terrifying) effect. Looks awesome.
Oooh, very scary, I don't know if I would have been game for that.
Great pics!
That looks amazing! Might be a new family vacation spot in the future!
YIKES! That looks awesome! Happy SITS day- I enjoyed getting to know you a little. It sounds like YaYa is a precious doll!
Eeeeekk!!!! That would be creepy!!!
How much fun with that slide be!!!! I'd love to do that...but must put it down on my list of things to do in life :)
Wow! That might freak me out just a bit! Glad you all had fun.
um...OH MY GOODNESS!!! That would totally Freak me out!!!
Such great pics!!
So cool! We will have to check this place out next time we are in LV.
I've been to that pool! It is indeed, awesome!
Wow - that looks like so much fun!
This is so cool.....and so scary!!! I would love to go through that slide....
I thought Atlantis was the only place that did this? Where was this?????
How fun!!! I'm going to have to check out that pool!
Wow - that's pretty cool, but I think I would be too chicken to go in that pool ;)
That looks fun and creepy at the same time! I wonder if the sharks get frustrated - all those limbs flying by LOL! ;)
Now that resulted in some amazing pictures! What a cool opportunity for a birthday party! My sister had an opportunity to swim in a tank with sharks. She said she got her scuba gear on, but it was so frightening to her, she made it across the tank in record time so she could get out. She is much braver than me because I don't think I would make it into the tank!
Oh fun!! Little scary, but fun!
Whoa, scared...of...sharks...your...so...brave.
:) Visiting via SITS...cute blog, cute family.
THAT IS TOTALLY COOL! I have never seen anything like it...color me completely jealous;)
Wow, that pool looks completely awesome!
Post a Comment