This week we had a very special treat. Monday, we stopped along one of the many roadside stands here in CA for some fresh strawberries. They couldn't have been more perfect & I couldn't wait to get them home to wash & devour them.
YaYa felt the same way as she reached her little hand up & grabbed a big one off the counter & had it in her mouth before I could stop her. Stem & all.
We've eaten them by the handful with nothing added,
with a dollop of lite Cool Whip & in a Strawberry shortcake.
UH OH!
Did you notice there are no pictures of the strawberry shortcake? I always forget something!!! What yummy fruits & veggies are ripe for the picking in your region of the world right now? Maybe next time they'll last long enough for me to make my girlfriend's (Oh, so pretty & yummy!) Strawberry Tiramisu.
6 comments:
Mmmm... strawberries are my favorite!
Oh, yum! Tht is one of my favorite things about summer!!
I have that Longaberger Cookie Jar! Oh, and the strawberries look great!
YUMMO!!! I wish we had strawberries like that around her. I have tried with no luck to grow them the last 2 years. I will have to try something else next year! I am jealous of all those yummy strawberries! Send me some! :-)
Yummy! We've been eating blackberries out of the front yard. I wonder how blackberry shortcake would taste?
Okay so yep I missed this one. Strawberries...how I wished that I could have attended that strawberry sagra up somewhere in Trentino. "Biggest strawberry cake in the world" it boasted!
Right now I am exploding zucchini, but I've noticed that blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and currants are flooding the supermarket at sweet prices. Oddly enough, much of them coming from farms in Trentino!
Post a Comment