A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Monday, July 21, 2008

CALM IN OUR LIVES

I received this in an email this morning. It sure made me chuckle as who wouldn't be relaxed after doing the following. I am passing this on to you because we could all use a little more calm in our lives. Happy Monday! By following simple advice heard on the Dr. Phil show, you too can find inner peace. Dr Phil proclaimed, "The way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you have started and have never finished." So, I looked around my house to see all the things I started and hadn't finished, and before leaving the house this morning, I finished off a bottle of White Zinfandel, a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream, a package of Oreos, the remainder of my old Prozac prescription, the rest of the cheesecake, some Doritos, and a box of chocolates. You have no idea how freaking good I feel right now. Author UnKnown I have a cross stich project I started over a year and a half ago for a friend's baby who just turned one on July 14th. It's almost done but for some reason finding a few free minutes away from my busy daughter and this addictive blogging thing makes it impossible to complete. What small or big things/projects have you started but can never find the time to complete them? I can't be alone in this daily struggle.

6 comments:

Prudence Arcadia said...

All I have is the wine!!! *snerks*

Bug said...

I LOVE that email! I have seen it many times and I chuckle at it each time I see it! I have many things undone and will more then likely remain undone for awhile! I have the wine too! I have painting that I want to get done, organization with my school books and parts of the house. Cleaning that needs to be done and countless other things....gee...thanks! Now I need to get off this computer and get busy with all my unfinished crap! :-)

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

Well, I think John asked for the eighth time tonite when I was going to get to the kids' closets with them.

I have a crafty little wood project - a whopping 24x24" honkin piece of wood shoved to the side of my desk here, waiting for me to paint for my FIL. His b'day was the 7th. I'm only a little late.

Everything else I've given up on.
Oh. And yes, this IS addictive!

Anonymous said...

I am finishing off a pint of Ben and Jerry's Half Baked as I type. I am on a special "Diet". I didn't get this booty by not indulging.

Rowena said...

I'd have to say that previous to life-before-Italy, my workaholic self finished all projects on time. I just didn't allow myself to start something without finishing it in a timely manner. At work I was "the Dragon Lady"!

Addicted to blogging eh? Well I say you would make a good contender for BON. With comments coming at you in a tidal wave you won't know whether you're rightside up or upside down. And then you'll feel the "pressure" to write engaging posts that will equal or surpass all of the others. I just want to show a picture of my dog.

All kidding aside, whaddya mean CELEBRITY?! Darn Clooney still hasn't called to invite me over for lunch. We're nearly neighbors!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

First of all, I love the message from the Unknown author... Hilarious!! I was choking from laughing so hard (now that's how you find inner calm). I have this family photo that I just can't seem to finish. It's my moms, but I bought a really nice album to put everything in but the task is so daunting. I'll do a great deal, but then see that there's so much more to do... It's draining, so no, you're not alone.