A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday Foto Finish Fiesta

Check out Friday Foto Finish Fiesta over at Candid Carrie's . Just click on her site as she's in my blog list to the left. I still haven't figured out how to make the highlighted name automatically take you to the site. Remember, I'm new to all of this. Anyway, looks like it will be a fun post and I enjoyed the pictures she and An American in Norway left for their Friday Foto Finish Fiesta.
I don't have any trick of the eye pics like theirs but this Zebra sure made me question what was happening when he decided to pop his head into our car during our Safari in Texas of all places. I never imagined I would be this close to a Zebra which is why any of these pics are a included in my list of favorites.

7 comments:

Outnumbered2to1 said...

Wow, cool pics with the zebra!

Judy Schwartz Haley | CoffeeJitters.Net said...

wow! that is so cool! I have never seen a zebra up close

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

Coley -
When you're typing your post, there's a header with different commands at the top of your writing box - font stuff, photo upload, etc. There's one a little left of center that looks a bit like a movie reel. Highlight the words you want to link with, click on the movie reel, then put in the URL (address) of the site to link. So, I'll go to the other website, hit 'copy,' go back to my post, highlight my link words, click on the movie reel, backspace the highlighted 'http:' (because I copied that from the other website --- if you don't, then leave those there.) Hit OK or whatever the word is and that's it.

Cool pictures. VERY freaky. One of those times you're glad someone had the camera, though!

JWilson said...

Glad you joined in the fun those pictures are great. How cool that you were that close to Zebras.

In case no one ahs told you if you highlight the name and then click the globe with glasses over it in your tool bar it brings up a box and you can type the URL in so you can click the name and go to their site.

leezee52 said...

Awesome photo!

tiarastantrums said...

fun - we fed zebras in beijing once!

Prudence Arcadia said...

Wow! Um, did it have morning breathe? Eww! LOL, what a great shot!