A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Life through the rearview mirror.

My Dear Girls,

Life has a way of sneaking up on you.  One day very soon you will both understand what I'm talking about. This morning, I looked at my Yaya and realized once again how much you've grown.  It seems like yesterday you were Little Bird's size yet here she is wearing all your old clothes. Although it was pretty funny a few weeks ago when you discovered the reason your pants felt so tight all day was because you had accidently worn her size 3T black pants as your size 12 shorts.  OUCH!  We all laughed so hard. 

Yaya, this morning as I helped you get ready for school it occurred to me how short our time together already is.  You're up in the morning and off to school until 4:00 most days.  Then, you do homework, eat and soon you're off to bed.  I miss our time together just you and me.  I miss hanging out with you like I do now with Little Bird.  Don't get me wrong.  I love my time with her! I just wish I had it with you too.  I hope as I pulled you backward into my lap for that extra long hug this morning you felt my love.  I hope you heard my words and held them in your heart as you walked through your busy day.  I MISS YOU and OUR TIME TOGETHER. 

Little Bird, today was supposed to be your first day of parent participation preschool.  Instead, I changed my mind yet again and we went to My Gym instead.  I'm not ready for you to be in preschool with or without me just yet.  I love how we both just let the day happen and see where it takes us.  Most often it's to Nana and Pappy's house to play, walk and explore.  It was fun watching you play at My Gym.  I love how you're always so ready to try a new skill with your teachers Mr. Kyle, Mr. James or Mr. Josh.  Today, you worked on the bars and practiced your balance as you walked across the "Flying Carpet."  You also went clear across the monkey bars with only a little help from me.  I'm so proud of you and I love how proud you are of yourself after completing a new task.  It's especially great to hear you exclaim afterwards, "I'm a smart and strong girl!"

Both of you girls are smart and strong!  I hope you continue to feel this way about yourselves as you  grow and blossom into the young ladies you were created to be.  You are both perfectly and wonderfully made!  Just remember, this mommy wishes you wouldn't be in such a hurry to grow up. 


1 comment:

cat said...

They do grow up so fast