A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Friday, December 14, 2012

Wow!  Once again time has gotten away from me.  Here we are about to celebrate another Christmas.  2012 has sure been full of it's ups and downs.  Thankfully, we're able to say there were more of the ups.  God has been very good to our family and I certainly cannot complain this year. 
Our prayers have been answered time and time again. 

Yaya is 6 1/2 and continues to love art and its very rare you find her without a pen and paper in hand.  She's always drawing her latest masterpiece for someone she loves.  She's enjoying an art class after school on Wednesdays and we're amazed at the techniques the kids are already learning.  She's got an eye and an imagination to go with it.  I can't wait to see where her art and creativity take her. 

Lily's adoption was finalized in November.  If that weren't big enough news she turns 1 this month.  She is a busy little bee who is on the go until she drops from exhaustion.  She takes a nap in the morning but that's it for the day which keeps me more than a little busy.  She's crawling and exploring the house and pulling up on things.  She loves walking along the furniture and chasing the dogs as often as possible.  She's taken a few steps on her own and stands unassisted for longer and longer periods of time.  However, her preferred mode of transportation continues to be her knees.  To be honest, we'll take this as long as we can get it because once she's walking we'll be in a world of trouble.  She's mischievous that little one.  I have no doubt she'll be swinging from the rafters before we know it. 

Lily has also begun talking up a storm.  She say's "momma, dadda, Yaya, doddy, hi, bye bye, I dot it" and a few other things here and there that catch us off guard.  She continues to use sign language for milk and more and has added please and thank you to her signing.  Her favorite games right now are Peek A Boo and Row Row Rowing her boat.  She likes to hold on to your hands and rock back and forth as fast and as hard as possible.  She squeals with delight and giggles like crazy when you do this with her.

We'll be having her dedicated at our church on December 23rd and afterward we're celebrating her 1st birthday with all of our family.  I've decided the theme will be an "UNO" party.  I can't wait to show you pictures and tell stories from this day! 

Bird has had some big accomplishments this year.  He took on another center and helped to open it without a hitch.  I'm so proud of him and his hard work!  He is such an amazing dad and person.  I love how he inspires and encourages everyone around him to be and do their best.  So many of his employees have moved on to better jobs and careers thanks to his encouragement and mentoring.  Our girls adore him and that makes a mother feel so warm inside.  The look on their faces when he comes home each day is priceless.  Of course his love for them is returned a million times over.  He is such a gentleman in every sense of the word.

I am continuing to explore photography and did a few family photo shoots and a fun birthday party this fall.  The shoots were successful and taught me a lot though I found I much prefer taking nature shots and candid photography over posed family shots.  My mother in law has written two books and one is currently in the publishing phase.  I mention this because she has decided to use two of my photos in it.  It's exciting to think some of my photos will be in a PUBLISHED book.   During the holidays she plans to talk to me about using some of my other photos for her second book as well.  I can't wait to see her final products as she is an amazing woman and writer.

Our home in Vegas is supposed to close by the end of December.  This means we will be completely debt free for the first time in 10 years!  What a blessing that will be!  Our landlords asked us to move so their daughter and grandsons could move into the house we've been renting for 5 years.  As a result, we had to find a new place to live and in a moment of insanity we put an offer on a home less than 2 miles away.  Our offer was accepted and we're in the inspection phase.  If the sellers are willing to make the repairs necessary to make the home safe we hope to be in our new home by mid January the 1st of February at the latest. 

I miss reading everyone's blogs and keeping up with your lives.  You all have become part of my family and life and I often wonder what you're up to.  I keep you all in my thoughts and prayers and am sooo sorry I haven't posted or stopped by like I used to.  Please know, even in my silence you are with me.  I wish you and your families the very Merriest of Christmases and a Happy and Blessed New Year!
Photo Taken By Josh of Azul Ox Photography


5 comments:

The Lovely One said...

Ahh, I miss you! Merry Christmas!

cat said...

Oh I miss you too my friend, but thanks for all the great bite of news. Wishing you all such a wonderful festive season - yours will certainly be extra special.

Rebecca Jo said...

Love hearing an update! So much going on!

Your girls are still beautiful... growing so fast!

Cant wait for birthday pictures!!!

Congrats on your photography... so excited that you'll be in a book! Cool that your mil is writing too - so much happening!!!!!!!!

Yep - when I do candid/natural photography - the natural reactions & facial expresions are so much MORE loveable in a picture. Capturing the REAL person. While posed pictures have their place, I love catching people being who they are :)

Gramma 2 Many said...

Blessing to you :) So happy to read such an uplifting update. I am so happy for all the blessings that have been bestowed on you this year. God is indeed good, isn't he? Love you all.

Renata said...

Merry Christmas to you & your beautiful family! I pray for you often & wonder how you are keeping & especially how the new adjustments are going with your precious number two!!!!
Have a wonderful holidays & I hope it all goes smoothly with your house plans!
Blessings
Renata:)