A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Monday, March 12, 2012

A weekend with friends


What a wonderful weekend!  Friday after school, Yaya and I met some friends at the park for a playdate.  I'm so happy I brought my camera so I could snap pics of the girls in the daffodils. It was a hard week for Yaya as she had a horrible fever and double ear infection.  We kept her home two days to recover from her nasty fever and allow the antibiotics to work their magic.  Thankfully, we were able to end the week on a high note with lots of friends.

Sunday afternoon, I was able to throw together a reunion of sorts.  These girls attended preschool together and haven't been together since last summer.  Bailey and Yaya share the same birthday and Aisha's is two days later.  They were so happy to be together again.

I heard happy voices and giggles throughout the afternoon. 
Nobody wanted the fun to end, including me. 

4 comments:

cat said...

A great weeknd on all accounts. Hope she is fine this weel.

Bettina said...

Looks like those girls has soooooo much fun!!! That is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Precious pics,
especially the
group hug shot!

So glad your dear
girl is feeling better.
Nothing like a tea
party with besties
to celebrate!

I can't believe you
have all those daffs,
already. Looking
forward to that here,
in about a month!

Happy Weekend,
sweet friend,

xxSuzanne

Unknown said...

can not believe how big she is getting... SLOW DOWN! Looks like she had a fab time! :-)