We certainly made some fond memories over the weekend. I'm hoping we might have even started a new tradition or two. Friday night, Yaya and Bird attended their first Father/Daughter dance sponsored by a local church. They served Tri Tip for dinner and the decorations were so pretty. There were balloons and sparkling lights everywhere. As they walked in a D.J. was already playing some fun music. Yaya wanted to boogie right away but first they had a professional father/daughter photo taken. It was too cute. According to Bird, after dinner there was lots and lots of dancing. Yaya even stopped a few times to dance with him. LOL He said the dance floor was full of little girls all having the time of their lives while their fathers by no fault of their own sat on the sidelines watching and waiting for a chance to dance with their special princess.
While my family was "getting down" my mom and I enjoyed a mother/daughter night at the movies. We saw Joyful Noise and cried like babies. Happy tears mind you but tears no less. Both of us enjoyed the music from movie so much we felt they should have sold the soundtrack as you walked out of the theater. We would have bought it on the spot.
Saturday morning, Bird, Yaya, my mom and dad headed to the hills to enjoy some time in the snow. They had a blast sledding and playing together in the snow. I wanted to go too but I had previously made other arrangements to attend a baby shower. Thankfully, my mom took pictures of my dad pulling Yaya and her little friend.
Last but certainly not least I am excited to talk about Sunday. A few weeks ago, Groupon offered a fabulous deal. They offered a 5 hour photography class with Master Photographers David and Ally McKay. Some of you may remember my New Year's resolution was to live life to the fullest and have no regrets. Signing up for and more important showing up for this class was a big step for me in living life to the fullest.
If you aren't familiar with them please be sure to click on the highlighted words/link above. Once you're on their website be sure to scour their site for their amazing photography and the link "About the Artists". I am BLOWN AWAY by them and their passion for capturing life! In addition to attending this class, I signed up for their intermediate class and joined their on-line photography club/resource called Vision Culture. They created Vision Culture to educate people like me and you on photography skills while also giving to the those in poverty. David and Ally also share great discounts, photography tips and advice on where to go for your photography needs. I received my first assignment through Vision Culture today and had fun using the tips they provided to practice using my camera to the max and hopefully one day make my photography dreams come true.
Below is my first assignment. We were to practice completely freezing motion while capturing the feeling of the movement.
This next photo was part two of lesson one. The goal was to again capture movement while also allowing some of the motion to be seen through blurring at various points of the shot. I think I did this because Yaya's ponytail and feet are slightly blurred. I also love the fact that I caught her floating on air. I only wish I had been able to keep Bird in focus too.
Can you tell I am in HOG HEAVEN just like Yaya and Bird were at the dance Friday night and again Saturday afternoon?
I hope you'll join the Suzanne in the fun over at her weekly post, Monday Moments.


9 comments:
What precious memories!! I love the Yaya mid air:)
Precious memories. Stunning photos. Bird is not in focus because your fstop was too short ( depth of field I think - could be wrong ) I actually like that he is out of focus - giving the background to the story so to speak. Go have a look at my last pictures - I aw so lucky to get a perfect motion shot where only the Princess' face is in focus. Her feet are cut off though - so not perfect on composition but hey, we are learning.
I like he's blurred in the background :) And that she's mid-air! How fun to try new things with a camera.
I love that Yaya had a date night to a dance with her dad. That is PRECIOUS!!!!!
I'm wanting to go see that movie so badly!!! Love a good flick!
You amaze me:)
Can't believe how long Yaya's hair is getting!
The last shot says it all.
What a FUN slice of life
you've captured, here : )
I am getting ready to play
with my camera and try
some different things, again.
Can't believe it's been a
year since I took my last
photography class! It's
always great to have a
refresher, isn't it?
Thanks for joining in on
my last Monday Moments.
Loved having you link up!
xx Suzanne
I actually like that Bird is blurred with that giant grin still visible on his face. You did good, girl. Real good. :)
Fun, fun, fun!!! I'm going to see Joyful Noise with my neighbor this morning, thanks for the endorsement!
Have a great weekend!
I love those running pictures & the dance sounds wonderful! We don't have father/daughter dances over here, but I imagine they are full of memory~ making moments!
Have a wonderful day my friend ~ hope you are keeping well
Blessings
Renata:)
OK, I'm home sick today and was going to call you, but I can't find your phone number and there are two people with your same first name in my email. If you'll send me an email with your number, I'll give you a call and we can catch up a little bit.
Post a Comment