We had a quiet Easter this year since we had the big dinner together last weekend while my aunt, uncle and cousins were in town. Our church had 2 Easter services on Saturday plus a big carnival and barbeque for the kids. We decided to attend the Saturday afternoon service instead of Sunday morning to allow room for the big crowd. This also gave us the chance to stay after for the barbeque, carnival and Easter egg hunt.
It was interesting to watch Yaya hunt for eggs. She was very selective about which eggs she wanted and she walked past piles and piles of eggs in order to pick up "the perfect one." We still can't figure out what made certain ones she chose so special. Most kids' baskets were overflowing with eggs but Yaya collected only 10.
She had Bird and I cracking up because each time she bent over to pick up an egg she got a "wedgie" and then picked at her underwear too. I only wish I had captured it on video for you all to enjoy. Does that make me a mean mommy?
She enjoyed baking cupcakes for dessert Easter Sunday. She was so proud of herself for stirring the mix and filling each cupcake liner all by herself. I'll admit she did a great job!
After dinner, Bird thought it would be fun if we each decorated our own cupcake with sprinkles and frosting. Like everything we do, it turned into a competition and there were plenty of giggles. The thing I liked best was no two were the same.
The weather is finally warming up here and we've spent almost every afternoon outside soaking up the sun. Yaya has also been begging us to get out her kids pool and the slip and slide. No amount of explaining it's too cold would appease her so Bird gave in and got them out for her. The adventure on the slip and slide lasted all of 2 minutes before she begged to go inside for a warm bath. On the other hand, we couldn't pry her away from her little pool and the hose last night. She had a blast playing in the water "Helping" daddy wash his car. HA! I TELL YOU THESE TWO ARE NOTHING BUT TROUBLE when they get together to "WORK".
I enjoyed watching each and every second of their play time together.
I wonder what kind of trouble they'll get into this weekend?
1 comment:
The weather is finally warming up there...ha! That made me laugh since we've had rain and 40s here FOREVER! Nowhere near swimsuit weather. Enjoy!
Post a Comment