I'm not sure how else to share these photos other than to say they're our favorite moments from Disney. Yaya LOVED It's a Small World. We road it three times two of them in a row. I bought a Disney cd for her for Christmas and she listens to it in the car all the time. When she heard It's a Small World being played during the ride she turned around and shouted, "Hey MOMMA! That's the song on my DISNEY CD!" She clapped and sang along the entire way through soaking it all up.
Another spot she begged to return to was Toontown. She loved wandering through Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Chip and Dale's homes. She pushed buttons, turned dials, tried out a few chairs, played a piano and watched old cartoons on Mickey's tv. She loved playing in Minnie's kitchen baking a cake and making it rise or fall.
My favorite memory is of her looking at herself in Minnie's mirror though.
When I think of Disney and my trips there as a kid I think of the tea cups. It was my favorite ride and Yaya loved it too. I think she road it 5 times total and would have kept going if our stomachs could have kept up.
Here we are back at Toontown. This picture is classic Yaya and Bird always getting into trouble together. Too bad those bars couldn't have held them in one spot for more than a second or two. The joy on their faces says it all.
Another favorite of all of ours was taking a class on how to draw characters. We happened to sit in on the class for Dopey. Yaya concentrated so hard and did such a good job listening and following each direction.
Here are our our final products to give you an idea of how good the class was. I can't for the life of me figure out what happened to my picture of Bird's drawing. Yaya tried to copy each and every detail the cartoonist suggested.
When he suggested you do a little shading on Dopey's hat she did just that. She may have gone a little heavy but you still get the idea.
I love this photo just because it's of me and my special girl. I don't get to be in many pictures with her and I just love this one taken after riding Toy Story together.
Here's the whole gang minus me. They would definitely qualify as a few of our favorite things. Disney wouldn't have been the same without them. In fact, Yaya says her favorite thing at Disney was her cousins.
10 comments:
So much fun!! One of my favorite photo spots is on the steps behind all of the shops in New Orleans. I often stop someone and ask if they will take a picture of us. Have neve been turned down:)
We are going next year. I am hoping for June. I want to be there when it is warm.
Cousins always make everything better.
Looks like such a fantastic trip! We went last year and I wish we could go back again soon. You did a great job capturing the special time and I'm so glad you were able to get that wonderful photo with you and Yaya together!
What a beautiful time:-)
What a wonderful time you must have had... It brings to my mind such good memories of me and mine at Florida's Disney World.
I'm like you - my favorite photos are those rare ones of me with my children.
God bless you, Frizzy; and thanks, too.
You and Yaya did such a great job on your Dopey drawings!
I'm not sure my stomach could have handled too many rides in the teacups either :o)
Hey sweet mama. Looks like tons of fun! My fave is of you and Ya and Dad and Ya - such great smiles!
I added links to that blogpost on recipes.
Love ya!
k
How fun! Our plan is to take Bug after Kinder graduation... but I think we'll leave BK home. He'll be too young and and he won't be able to last all day. How did Yaya do? Did you need to break for a nap or was she good to go all day?
PS- we went to Daffodil Hill on Sunday. Beautiful!
Awww, looks like it was lots of fun! What great memories...
Gosh, this brought
back great memories!!
My daughter drew Mickey
when she was six; she's
now 16 and wants to be an
art major in college...!
What a precious and wonderful
time.
xx Suzanne
Magical magical moments. Such great fun to share with cousins.
Post a Comment