A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Picture Perfect Memories V

Time flew by while Kerry was visiting.  The rain tried to ruin our plans but we weren't having it.  Tuesday, we headed to San Francisco and walked around Tiburon and the wharf in the rain.  The streets and sidewalks were empty thanks to the weather.  My umbrella flipped inside out and sideways more than once due to the wind which was hysterical.  I wish I had a picture or two of that and how wet our pants were at the end of the day.  While we were in Tiburon we stopped to warm up in an Italian cafe.  I enjoyed a cup of Stracciatella gelato. It seems like ages since I last enjoyed a really good scoop of gelato like that.  It took me back to some wonderful memories we had while living in Italy. 
Bird and Kerry ordered lattes to warm their bones.  

Bird and Kerry did a little wine tasting at Ghirardelli square and we bought a few cupcakes from Kara's Cupcakes for Yaya and my parents.

We ended the day eating dinner and sitting by a warm fire while looking out over the SF bay from Skates On The Bay.  What a wonderful day in the rain!  I'm hoping Kerry will be posting some photos from Skates on her blog soon.

Wednesday night, Kerry and I made St Patty's Day cupcakes for Yaya's preschool class.  She had the privilege of being the "snack friend" again this week.   Yaya was surprised to come home to the cupcakes we made but I think you can see she has a glazed look in her eyes from being so tired.  
 

Thursday, was St. Patrick's Day and when I dropped Yaya off at school a little Leprechaun had found his way to her class.  He left little green footprints and gold nuggets all around the room.  Both her teachers were wearing green and had even painted their hair green.  When I picked Yaya up every child in the class had green hair, chocolate gold coins and a green lollipop to boot.  I think it's safe to say they had a blast!

That afternoon, the sun finally came out and we headed to Modesto to check out a tulip farm my mom read about in the paper.  It was much smaller than we hoped but you won't hear any complaints from me.  My favorite flower is the tulip so I was happy as a clam to be walking through these fields. 

Here's a picture I took of Kerry in the tulips.  Isn't she pretty?!

Bird was sweet and took a few pictures of us together.  I LOVE the bright pink and yellow tulips surrounding us in the first photo.  How can you feel anything but happy surrounded by such beautiful flowers?

Yaya snuck into this photo and seeing her smiling little face peeking above the shoe cracks me up.

Yaya was more than a little fearful of all the bees flying around and wasn't too keen on tiptoeing through the tulips like I'd hoped.  Thankfully grandma and daddy took turns protecting her.  We told her she shouldn't be so sugary sweet and the bees wouldn't like her so much.
I consider myself very lucky and blessed these days.  What more could a girl ask for? 

4 comments:

Wisconsin Girl said...

Great photos! Love the flowers. Looks like you packed so much fun into those few days. You guys go out of your way for your guests...we can vouch for that! Love you!

Gramma 2 Many said...

This looks like such a fun filled visit!! I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of our Tulips up here. They are so beautiful and truly mark the beginning of good weather.
I posted some pictures this week also.

Mindy said...

Love all of these pictures and reading about all of the fun you've been having! I love tulips too and would love to visit that tulip farm sometime.

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

*GASP!* You are a traitor! Taking someone ELSE to Kara's without ME...BooHooBooHoo!!! {The cupcakes SURE look cute, though - so I can understand how you couldn't resist!!! ;)}

Love the post!!!