Friday afternoon, Yaya, my mom and I went for a walk along the river. The temperature was perfect! Upon arriving at our destination we watched this woman push off from the river's edge with her dog. I think it may have been his first time because he kept trying to climb into her lap. Once they reached the middle a few geese caught his attention and he forgot all about his fear. Yaya wanted to go for a ride too so maybe we'll have to rent one some afternoon before it gets too warm.
We wandered along the river until we came to this bridge. Yaya thought we were terribly slow. She's always been a little nervous on bridges and couldn't understand why on earth we wanted to stop in the middle and stare at the water.
Once we reached the other side, we found a big concrete hole in the ground. We were baffled as to why on earth someone would have put it at the river's edge until my mom spotted
a white cross painted on each side of this pool. My mom decided this must have been where people came to be baptized at the river's edge.
What a beautiful place to be baptised!
We had a fun afternoon and learned a few new things too. I can't think of a better way to end this post then so share the old hymn, Down To The River To Pray sung by Alison Kraus. I hope everyone has a wonderful week.
6 comments:
That has got to be the perfect day! And the composition of your photographs is exceptional!
I just love your photos...
That sign on the bridge is hilarious!
I LOVe that first picture... you can feel the anxiousness of that dog wanting to jump out & get those geese!!!!
An old fashion "baptizing hole" - I wish there were more of those. Love seeing people get baptized outside, the way it used to be done! That's the old Baptist side of me speaking ;)
I'm with Yaya...I don't care for bridges much either. Walking over them isn't so bad but I hate driving over them!
Very pretty pictures. The baptizing hole is very neat..not something you see everyday!
Wish I was with you on that walk...beautiful weather and beautiful sights and such precious time spent with your mom and Yaya:)
Looks like a perfect day out!! I can't wait for the weather here to get warm enough to do that!
I love the woman with her dog - what a fun little adventure they probably had that day!!
Love these pics. And love Alison Kraus. What a lovely day you had!
Post a Comment