Saturday we headed out for a day on the beach to enjoy the sun and the sand before the rainy weather rolled in. It couldn't have been a prettier day. No wind, no clouds, no crowds! Just sunshine, sand and surf all around. As always, Yaya made friends right away and they got busy playing t-ball, chasing the waves and making sand castles. All the photos below were taken with my point and shoot digital camera not my new fancy one. I just couldn't risk taking it to the beach and having something happen to it.
The big kids had just as much fun as the little ones.
It's always hard to pack up and head home.
We stopped one last time to enjoy the sunset at Muir Point before heading back into the city.
This is my attempt at piecing the panoramic view of the coast together with photos taken minutes apart and from different spots.
Here are the shots I took as the sun was setting behind the clouds and finally the horizon. Evy, Gina these were taken in honor of your mother/grandmother.
We ended the day with dinner at Amici's. Man oh man were those pizzas delicious!
The Trentino had Mozzarella, Parmesan, Crumbled Feta, Baby Spinach, Red Onions, Pancetta (Italian Bacon), Herbs, and Meyer Lemon Olive Oil (No Tomato Sauce)
The Greek Isle Pizza had Crumbled Feta, Mozzarella, Artichoke Hearts, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes (No Tomato Sauce)
Yaya shared a bowl of steaming penne pasta and meatballs with Pappy and fell asleep as soon as she was done. This little girl of ours was so tired she didn't wake up til 7:30 Sunday morning.
That's what we call the perfect ending to a perfect day!


7 comments:
What a beautiful memory to make for your family:-)
That pizza looks delicious! I need to take a drive to the bay just so I can get some!
Thank you for the beautiful sunset!
What a fun weekend!! Love the pictures on the beach... makes me anxious for summer!!
Have I mentioned how fortunate you are to live where you do:)??? So fortunate to be at the beach this time of year...let alone with such amazing scenery! And those pizzas looked to die for!
All of the pictures are beautiful - looks like such a fun day! We love Amici's - you are making me hungry with those pics and it's only 8:30 am!
Absolutely GORGEOUS pictures! Also, the pizza...sounds heavenly and looks divine! Can you tell I am craving pizza and can't eat it right now! Oh...come on new eating plan....lose that weight now so that I can enjoy that pizza in very small amounts! :)
Post a Comment