A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Fab 5 Friday "You're Gonna Miss This"

I'm trying out a new linking tool this week.  My 30 day trial period expired with McLinky and Shannon over at "Welcome to the Nuthouse" came to my rescue with this one.  Thank you so much Shannon!
Have any of last week's photos popped into your mind as you went about your week?  I know I've thought of many of yours and have gone back to check them out more than once.  You captured and shared some very tender moments and reminded me how precious and even fragile life can be.  As a result, I'm feeling a bit sentimental and can't choose just 5 photos this week.

Last Saturday, we were blessed to spend a few minutes visiting this church downtown.  The ceiling and stained glass windows seemed to breathe renewed hope into my spirit.

My cousin, Shelby's cheer leading team competed later that afternoon and they were amazing.

Sunday afternoon, Bird and Yaya shared some quiet Father Daughter time together out on our patio.  I couldn't help but smile as I watched Yaya copy everything her daddy did.  She even wore a matching sunhat.

Wednesday, I looked around my house and saw clutter EVERYWHERE.  After taking a deep breath I heard the song "You're Gonna Miss This" by Trace Atkins run through my head.  Instead of getting frustrated I embraced it and decided to capture some of the clutter and everyday moments I'll someday miss. Yaya plays with her babies every single day.  She also loves to create things and spreads paper and markers across my living room table and floor.  By the end of each day I have at least one new drawing  added to her collection on my fridge.  Inevitably several papers and magnets crash to the floor as I open the fridge to prepare breakfast, lunch or dinner.
If this is your first visit, you don't have to have taken 5 pictures this last week to join in.  Just link 5 photos old photos now and start taking pictures to share next week. 

5 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Goodness gracious - that stained glass is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susie said...

Great shots!!

Wisconsin Girl said...

LOVE, cheerleading competitions...What fun, esp if your cousin was in it.
And my mom just told me "Your gonna miss this" this morning when I was telling her about our crazy morning. Kids with colds, house a mess and meetings to go to with 3 little ones. Crazy times, but I already do know I WILL miss them.
Sorry, can't join you this week. I don't think I took any pictures....yikes and the girls even turned 11 months too!

Privet and Holly said...

What a lovely
snapshot of your
week....I have a
12 and almost 16
year old and YES,
I do miss those
days, already : )
Thank you for
stopping by P&H;
so nice to meet
you!!
xx Suzanne

Shannon said...

Those stained glass windows are so pretty. Such great pictures!

And glad the linky worked out. If I find another one that I like, I'll let you know :)