Lately, I am constantly reminded how each moment in life is a precious gift. These reminders have come in many shapes and sizes IE. a smile from a stranger, a phone call from a friend or something as simple as capturing a moment in life or nature with my camera. It's easy to get caught up in our ourselves, our day to day schedules and our To Do lists only to miss out on what's really truly important. But at what cost and to whom?
The best example I have to share occurred Sunday morning. I awoke with horrible pain in my back from my above hips to just below my shoulders. Every movement was painful. It took everything in me to not give in and allow it to ruin my day with my family and my time in fellowship at church. As I walked across the parking lot from our car into church Yaya asked me to carry her. My first thought was, "Ugh! Seriously?" I wanted so badly to tell her, "I can't. Mommy's back hurts too much." However, something inside me fought back the urge to say those words and instead I bent over and picked up all 50+ pounds of her and hugged her as tightly as I could. As I did she put her head on my shoulder and began singing to me in the tiniest most angelic voice I've ever heard. "Stop your crying. It will be all right. Just take my hand. Hold it tight. I will protect you from all around you. I will be here. Don't you cry."
I was blown away with emotion. In that moment, I thanked God I hadn't told her I was in too much pain to carry her. My physical pain may have been great but my heart and spirit would have hurt much more if I had missed out on a moment as tender and special as this. I then sang the next line of the song to her, "For one so small, you seem so strong. My arms will hold you keep you safe and warm. This bond between us can't be broken. I will be here don't you cry." As I walked through the doors of our church carrying her we sang the chorus together, "Cuz you'll be in my heart. You'll be in my heart. From this day on. Now and forever more." It was a magical and by the time I put her down my pain was GONE! I will not forget that moment for as long as I live as it's forever engraved on my heart.
In case you need another example my friend Mrs. Blue shared a tender and wonderful moment with us on her blog as she welcomed her husband home from an undisclosed location and deployment. Check it out and send her some love HERE.
My prayer for you today and as you continue through your week is you will take time to slow down, recognize and appreciate moments just like this in your own life.
6 comments:
Thanks for sharing and the reminder as I am working on this myself. What a special moment you shared with her:)
Love ya!
My baby sings to me all the time! Quite the role reversal, isn't it?
Ahhh - this just makes me want to find someone & hug them... :)
Beautiful reminder!!!
And anytime you have Disney songs going through your head, that's even BETTER! :)
love that song. and thanks for the reminder to slow down and appreciate so much of what we have. i'm doing exactly that today...slowing down!
sorry you didn't win my giveaway (junquegypsy did) i posted the winner at the bottom of the giveaway post. i can't send you email....when i hit reply it says non-blogger reply. do you know how to fix that so that people can sen you emails? i'm not sure how, but i know there is a way to do that.
enjoy the day...it's sunny here today!
kathi
I couldn't read it all. The tears came with YaYa singing to you. Will have to return later. Steel myself for the rest of your post.
Love you so much.
How absolutely beautiful! God is so good!
Post a Comment