I mentioned before how the photo I took below spoke volumes to my soul.
The rough choppy water suggests change is on its way. It taunts me and dares me to fear and doubt God's plan. It causes me to ask, am I really ready for what He has prepared for me and my family?
A chain dangles between the posts and binds them together. It cautions and reminds me not to become a slave to negative or worrisome thoughts.
The compass shows no clear direction or path to take. Yet, there is a cross standing strong at its center. It makes a subtle but strong statement. No matter what lies ahead keep God at your center. Put your faith and trust only in Him. He has control of the direction your life will take but only if you let him. He can and will calm the waters. He will lead you to solid ground. All you need to do is pray and trust in Him and His timing.
Last night as I looked upon that picture I tried desperately not to let myself be sad that December, 2010 had come and gone without the blessing of a new baby for our family to love and hold. I wanted to be strong and I attempted to ready my heart for another year of waiting but the questions "Why?" and "When?" still crept in. Then came what I believe was God's answer through the scripture quoted on Suzanne's blog, Ready to Receive.
Heavenly Father, You quieted the storms that were brewing and beginning to rage in my soul. I will wait patiently upon your plan and timing as you have asked. I will trust and believe in your plan for my life and our family. Thank you for being patient with me when I allow doubt to creep in and ultimately question you. Thank you for loving me in spite of myself and all my weakness. Thank you for the abundant blessings you have bestowed upon my family. Thank you for blessing me with this outlet and leading me to other believers. Amen
The rough choppy water suggests change is on its way. It taunts me and dares me to fear and doubt God's plan. It causes me to ask, am I really ready for what He has prepared for me and my family?
A chain dangles between the posts and binds them together. It cautions and reminds me not to become a slave to negative or worrisome thoughts.
The compass shows no clear direction or path to take. Yet, there is a cross standing strong at its center. It makes a subtle but strong statement. No matter what lies ahead keep God at your center. Put your faith and trust only in Him. He has control of the direction your life will take but only if you let him. He can and will calm the waters. He will lead you to solid ground. All you need to do is pray and trust in Him and His timing.
"But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day." ~ Habakkuk 2:3
Here is the commentary written on BibleGateway.com about this passage.
"Habakkuk must wait in faith. When tossed and perplexed with doubts about the methods of Providence, we must watch against temptations to be impatient. When we have poured out complaints and requests before God, we must observe the answers God gives by his word, his Spirit, and providences; what the Lord will say to our case. God will not disappoint the believing expectations of those who wait to hear what he will say unto them. All are concerned in the truths of God's word. Though the promised favour be deferred long, it will come at last, and abundantly recompense us for waiting. The humble, broken-hearted, repenting sinner, alone seeks to obtain an interest in this salvation. He will rest his soul on the promise, and on Christ, in and through whom it is given. Thus he walks and works, as well as lives by faith, perseveres to the end, and is exalted to glory; while those who distrust or despise God's all-sufficiency will not walk uprightly with him. The just shall live by faith in these precious promises, while the performance of them is deferred. Only those made just by faith, shall live, shall be happy here and for ever. (Hab 2:5-14)"
Heavenly Father, You quieted the storms that were brewing and beginning to rage in my soul. I will wait patiently upon your plan and timing as you have asked. I will trust and believe in your plan for my life and our family. Thank you for being patient with me when I allow doubt to creep in and ultimately question you. Thank you for loving me in spite of myself and all my weakness. Thank you for the abundant blessings you have bestowed upon my family. Thank you for blessing me with this outlet and leading me to other believers. Amen
Click HERE to continue reading our 2nd Adoption Journey
9 comments:
Ahhh, girl, God is good and his timing is perfect, it is not an easy time for you; I pray for your peace in His plan for you no matter what that plan may be...
I know you'll get your baby soon!
Beautifully written, sweet friend!
Alright, I need your picture! What a beautiful message on fixing our view on God and nothing else.
My heart aches for you. No matter what or when, waiting is not easy. When I think back the last two years and the long days just pleading to God to let the phone ring with good news I think of Sarah. She spent her entire life waiting, and in the end God was faithful. He always is. He knows the desires of your heart, and I believe put them there. Hold on, good things are coming.
Beautiful writing, beautiful prayers and beautiful photographs speak to the tremendous beauty of your soul Nicole. You must be very dear to Him. He hears and will answer in a very special way.
Beautiful post:-)
What a precious testimony on how His Word can quiet even the most tumultuous storm raging inside of us. My divorce became final today and as ready as I felt I must be, I was reduced to rubble. Until God....the most beautiful two words in the world....Until God reached in and balmed my weary and torn heart with His Word.
Love you, my friend. Blessings to you!
such a beautiful testimony to His Faithfulness to you on a daily basis.
thank you for sharing!
K
Great post sweet friend! Love the depth of your thoughts and trust!
Post a Comment