I don't know about anyone else but I can't believe Thanksgiving has come and gone and the holiday season has begun. What's more amazing is my sweet husband turned 40 today. All day long I've looked into his eyes and just soaked him up. I keep thinking there is no way Bird can really be 40. In my mind he looks no older than he did the day I met him. For crying out loud, he's a giant kid at heart through and through. He runs circles around and whoops most people half his age on the track, basketball, racquetball or volleyball courts.
Another example of the kid in him occurred this morning as I watched him pretend to be Yaya's "Prince Charming."
He joyfully agreed to play Cinderella with her and she raced out of the living room leaving her "glass slipper" behind.
He knocked on her bedroom door and asked her if she would try on the slipper. Wearing Cinderella's dress she nodded and allowed him to slip the shoe onto her foot. Excitedly he exclaimed, "IT FITS PERFECT! What is your name? I've searched for you near and far! Will you please be my bride?" Witnessing moments like this makes my love and admiration for him grow even stronger. I wish I could have snapped a picture of the dreamy lovestruck look on Yaya's face as he promised to love and cherish her forever. It was a PRICELESS.
Between the start of the holidays, celebrating Bird's 40th and seeing moments like these I'm feeling more than a little sentimental. So, I've decided this year my Christmas wish is this...I wish time would stand still or at least slow down long enough for me to really soak up and feel every second that seems to just keep flying by.
8 comments:
Love this very sweet post and I sure hope you get your Christmas wish!
You're a doll. Good luck with that wish!
But hey, my word veri is "sunny" ~ could that be the Magic 8 ball outlook to you getting your wish?
Dude, I teared up when I read this. I have a very strained relationship with my father, and I bawl every time I see fathers being kind to their daughters. Treasure that.
Hi Frizzy, I know how you can get your wish :) ... If you ever operate on 'auto-pilot' turn it completely off. That's all there is to it. Let me know if you want to look at two or three things I've done on the dynamics involved. <3, aspiring...
Beautiful! Happy Birthday to your hubby - what a wonderful father he is - Yaya is going to have lovely memories of playing with her Dad!
I know I always think time flies much too quickly as well!
Have a great day
Renata:)
Amen my dear friend, Amen.
Happy Birthday, Bird:)
Looking forward to your visit:)
Happy Birthday to your hubby!!!
Oh I love this! Such a great wish.
Post a Comment