A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Just For Fun

I've been taking more and more nature pictures and am really enjoying it.  It's also been fun making collages of some of my favorite photos.  I would eventually love to make them into cards.  Here are a few groupings I've been playing around with.  What projects are you working on and what do you do to relax?






 

18 comments:

Just Lisa said...

You have to remind me to go to Daffodil hill next year! Looks beautiful!

cat said...

These are absolutely stunning girl! You have to make those cards.

Rowena said...

These are really beautiful Frizzy. Form me to relax I'll either head out into the garden or else stay indoors and bake bread all day.

Rebecca Jo said...

wow... those are just so serene!!!

I havent ever made a collage... but you're making me want to give it a go now!

Mindy said...

Love these collages and your pictures you've been taking! Looks like you've visited so many beautiful places this year!

Gramma 2 Many said...

They are all beautiful. I am trying to take more nature pictures too. Just do not have the artistic eye you have. Love the daffodils and spring and 17 mile drive and...........

Gramma 2 Many said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susie said...

Beautiful work!!

Nichole said...

Wow! Very pretty! You should definitely make those into cards.

Staci A said...

Your photos are gorgeous!

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

kudos! Although I love these vineyard shots, my favorite vineyard one was of just the green grapes hanging down with the giant grape leaves framing out the shot - you blurred them in some editing. I used that one in the book. AND the ones of the bridge with those desert-looking flowers. Those were killer - and I tried to get the same shot, but you nailed it.

These are ALL gorgeous!

Just Lisa said...

(We need to talk about you getting an anonymous email address and linking it to the comments you leave on blogs! Email me at greedygrace at yahoo dot com!)

It's Wylee that's afraid of the internet predators, not me! But I can tell you I'll be near you the day after Thanksgiving (shopping!) Maybe we could "happen" to bump into each other...

The Blonde Duck said...

How pretty!!

Wisconsin Girl said...

LOVE these!!! Esp. Daffodil hill and the Wine country one. What kind of camera are you using? Things are a bit better here and I've been following your advice, if not writing things down, making mental notes throughout the day, and that has been very helpful.

Frizzy said...

Thank you for your comments and encouragement everyone. It's a fun little hobby if nothing else.

Lisa, I'll do my best to remember when Daffodil Hill opens and remind you about it too.

Rowena, I wish I could relax in a garden. Instead, get all itchy and worry about all the bugs waiting to pounce on me and bite.

Jess, I'm happy to hear my advice is helping. I'm trying to take it myself. LOL So far so good. Re. the camera I use it's a Canon Powershot SD 880IS point and shoot. I can't justify an expensive one at this time. Some day!

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

These are all gorgeous!! I love nature photography!! (its been so long since i've had a decent camera) These all would look so nice framed up and hanging on the wall.

Renata said...

These are just beautiful - you are very talented & I love the way you grouped the photos!
Have fun
Renata:)

Tammy_Skipper said...

I love your photos! It is one of the best parts of your blog because I can see and feel what you've experienced and share with us here.