A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Rolling Along With The Tumbling Tumble Weeds.

I can't believe how fast this summer has rolled right on by. When it began, I couldn't imagine how I would keep from going stir crazy because I didn't think we had much of anything planned. I couldn't have been more wrong.
I just returned from a few days in Tahoe with friends from Vegas. We attended a health care conference together and enjoyed catching up.
Yesterday, my mom and dad returned from their 40 year high school reunion in Montana and brought Yaya her first bike. She was so excited to ride a big kid bike not her tricycle. In addition, they brought me my great grandmother's rocking chair. We didn't have a rocking chair when Yaya joined our family so I'm over the moon excited to have one as special as this.
Tomorrow, I get to spend the day with Karin author of 6 By His Design and friend of mine for 20+ years. We'll be hanging out at a beach or two, checking out a cupcake shop and taking in some other fun sights around San Francisco.
Next week, my brother, nephews, great aunt and grandparents will be arriving from Missouri and Montana. We plan on going camping, hanging out at my parents pool and who knows what else. I can't wait to see them but their arrival signifies the end of a fun filled summer.

2 comments:

Just Lisa said...

Enjoy your family time!

As for Pacifica-- no, you wouldn't want to tent camp there. Bodega Bay is the way to go for tents-- either Dillon or Doran beach. Bring shorts and swimsuits, but also lots of warm clothes. The weather could go in either direction on any given day!

Susanne said...

Soon it will be cold and you will see I HATE WINTER!!!

Your post made me laugh. I just finished up VBS at my church where the song, "Don't be a Tumble Weed" is now forever stuck in my head.