It's hard to believe my brother and nephews have been gone over a week already. It was wonderful having our entire family together. No matter how old we become it doesn't feel right without Marc around. As soon as we heard he and "the boys" were coming Mom and I plotted and schemed about what we could do while they were here. The list of places we wanted to take them was a mile long. Unfortunately, we only had a week and Marc requested we stick close to home. "WHAT!? No Fair! Come on!" In case you're wondering that was me throwing a big tantrum.
With a little coaxing, we managed to get the entire family (that included 11 people and took 3 cars) to Tahoe where we met my aunt, Sue along with my cousins Shelby and Brock. After waiting for almost an hour just to get into the park and for 4 parking spots we met up and had some fun. Have I mentioned before how much Yaya adores her cousins? It's not easy being the only girl but somehow she managed to wrap these boys around her little finger for a little while anyway.
She thinks she's such a big girl when she's with "The Boys."
We brought hotdogs so they could go crawfishing. Bird made little fishing hooks out of paperclips and string. Just like last year it worked like a charm. The kids caught 5 crawfish.
We set them all free at the end of the day.
"The Boys"
Miss you all so much Marc!
9 comments:
Here's a link on how to make your pictures bigger - have you tried this?
http://memoriesoncloverlane.blogspot.com/search/label/How%20To%20Make%20Your%20Photos%20Look%20Larger%20On%20Your%20Blog
If you try this and your images are not high quality, then do you have a setting on your camera that allows you to change the size of file that your pics are saved as when you take them? (does that even make any sense?) OK, on my POS and my big camera, I can go into the menu and tell the camera what size file I want my photos to be. I would make sure you're taking big size file photos. In general, bigger size files will record finer details and then can be enlarged with better image quality. You'll find this to be true on the blog but also in your prints.
Try it and let me know.
Looks like a great time - so clever in catching those crawfish!
Have you ever eaten them?
Our kids have just learned about them from a friend with lakefront property. She let the kids bait the trap and then she keeps boiling them up when we come over. I tried one, they are pretty good, but I think I would like them best on a salad.
Looks like you all had fun.
Gina, I do not want them next time I come to dinner. Just letting you know, and do not bring them as your contribution to our next family dinner!!
Once again, Friz, it looks like you and the family had an amazing time!
Gina......I am not kidding!!!
You have such a happy family! It is very heart-warming:-)
How cute!
Ahhh.. looks like you had a lovely time... I agree... so nice to spend time with your loved ones... I miss mine too! :-(
Weird, we were just talking about crawfish today!
I am so glad you all got to spend time with your loved ones, you all do the most fantastic things!
Oh I see you have a banner for your blog at the bottom of your page. I'm snagging one for my blog!
Awesome pictures! It looks like great memories were made again! :) Hope to see you in a couple of months out this way again. Wish I could I could save enough or win a free ticket to come visit you guys out that way! Miss you tons!
Post a Comment