A few weeks ago Bird and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary. Since he's my Prince Charming and all, I thought it would be fun to take Yaya and my parents to see the musical Cinderella at a local theater. I wasn't sure what to expect since it was Yaya's first experience at a live theater event but she was ecstatic. She couldn't wait to see and hopefully even meet Cinderella and PRINCE CHARMING!
(Insert childlike "squeal" HERE.)
Here she impatiently waits for the show to start.
There was no distracting her once the performance began. She soaked it up like a giant sponge. Once in awhile she asked questions or reacted with the characters. She worriedly asked, "Mommy! Why is Cinderella running away from Prince Charming?" It was sweet. After the show, Bird apologized to the ladies in front of us for Yaya's questions and comments. Their response was "Not at all! She was absolutely precious. The show was better experiencing it through her eyes and mind." Wasn't that the sweetest thing to say?
As we walked out of the theatre into the cool night air Yaya was thrilled to see all the cast members waiting outside for her. Wink! Wink!
I couldn't quite catch the right angle to show Yaya's look of pure awe and adoration as she met them.
She was even excited to meet Cinderella's "Wicked" stepmother and stepsisters.
Bird captured this photo of us and I just love it.
I'm so lucky to have him for my very own "Prince Charming."
12 comments:
:)
k
How fun! Can't wait to do some of this when baby girl is older!
Aww...very sweet. Sounds like a perfect way to celebrate your anniversary :o)
Arw! I shall lie vicariously thru your sweet Yaya princess stories! (My girl does not care for Princess stuff,and tells me every chance she gets *sniff sniff!*)
What a great way to spend an evening of celebration!
Hi girl, please email me at rinagous@gmail.com - I'll send you the supplement info
Hi girl, please email me at rinagous@gmail.com - I'll send you the supplement info
ahhh - look at her looking up at Cinderella...
isnt it amazing how there is something in all of us girls that cries out for that Prince Charming? :)
Awwww...what a great treat!
Happy Anniversary!
What a fun event!
What a wonderful experience to have with your daughter!! Sounds like a great celebration!!
That is so sweet and what precious memories! Happy Anniversary and I love your new blog design!
I don't know how I missed this!! What a great way to celebrate! A very belated happy anniversary to all of you:) Have to include our Precious YaYa in the congratulations too:) Love you and am sorry I am so remiss in acknowledging this important date.
Post a Comment