Last month we met Bird's family in Oregon and rented this beach house over Mother's Day weekend. When we started discussing a family vacation we decided we wanted 3 things out of the destination.
1. Everyone would be on vacation. 2. We'd meet somewhere new. 3. It should be no stress on anyone.
We wanted everyone to be able to relax and have fun. Once the destination was chosen we decided each couple would provide one prepared evening meal for the group. Breakfast, lunch and snacks would be more of a free for all with everyone sharing cereal, sandwiches, snacks, fruit and veggies. No muss. No fuss. It couldn't have been a better or more relaxing trip the drive included.
During our drive to Bandon we discovered dinosaurs wandering through the Redwood trees.
We explored new beaches, wrote our names in the sand and tried new options on the camera.
The photos below was taken with the "Color Accent" option on my camera.
Whale Head beach brought me to tears with its natural beauty.
As always, it was hard to see a fun weekend together come to a close. That said, we all agreed this might become one of our annual family traditions.
10 comments:
Nothing like spending time with family - especially in those settings! if that becomes an annual tradition, then I wanna join your family, k? :)
It looks like your family picked a great place for a relaxing vacation!
The color accent option on your camera is very cool!
Great way to spend a weekend!
We spent a week at Seaside as a family a couple of years ago. I loved it.
Have to go check my camera and see if I have that option. Love it!!
What a beautiful place! How wonderful that you were able to do it with Bird's family!
Oh if only we could do that!
So sweet:-)
I spent a week out on the Oregon coast 7 or 8 years ago and loved it! We were near Tillamuk, I think, because we went to the cheese factory and several waterfall places on the way back. It was beautiful. Completely. I know you had a blast.
Great times! Truly nothing better than spending a holiday with family.
LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT! I'm coming next year, alright?
All that sand, sea, sun, etc and I realised how much of a mum of boys I have become when the bit I couldn't get over was the dinosaur... HOW COOL WAS THAT GUY?
I start walkin your way you start walkin mine
we meet in the middle neath that old Oregon pine
We gain a lot of ground cuz we both give a little
aint no road to long when we meet in the middle
I love meetin' in the middle!!!!
I wanna go!!!!!!!!! Looks like an amazing spot and like it was so much fun. What a great idea!
Post a Comment