I've been doing a little blog hopping this morning and noticed several people are planning their summer vacations. It dawned on me that just one year ago, Bird and I were preparing for our anniversary trip to Europe. Where does the time go? How does a year fly by so fast? Well, we aren't planning any big trips like that this year so I've decided to do a little reminiscing about the things we saw and experienced last year. The following pictures are from our day in Arles, France.
You may be familiar with one of Arles more famous citizens, Vincent Van-Gogh. The town has done a beautiful job of honoring him and his work by highlighting and preserving many of the gardens and places he painted. Below are a few photos from a garden remembering him. It's located in front of the Arles, Arena.
Bird took this photo from on top of the Roman arena still standing in Arles. It's reportedly one of the most well preserved Roman arenas in Europe.
Inside the arena where bull fights are performed today.
Bird couldn't resist sipping a latte while enjoying the scents and sounds of the garden.
I was all about meandering through the local shops and markets and I fell in love with these hens.
I'm a sucker for a fruit and vegetable market.
Even when I'm unable to enjoy goodies for sale.
I've printed and framed these pics to hang on my kitchen wall.
LOVE THEM!
You can't go to France without visiting a bread shop.
This woman was so sweet to let me take pictures of her and her beautiful shop.
I don't like candy but the way she displayed these treats almost made me become a candy fanatic. I quickly recalled what walking into a candy store felt like when I was a kid.
I don't like candy but the way she displayed these treats almost made me become a candy fanatic. I quickly recalled what walking into a candy store felt like when I was a kid.
IE. So many pretty candies and wrappers so little time. These are also on my kitchen wall.
I managed to save my sweet tooth for something a little more unique and opted for some ice cream. I know, unique isn't a word we generally use for ice cream but flavors were what made this special. The top scoop was made from fresh ripe cantaloupe and the bottom was flavored with Lavender. NO OTHER WILL EVER COMPARE I PROMISE YOU THAT! We shared this cone and couldn't finish it it was so rich. What I would give to have just one more lick now.
We took in several churches but the pics didn't turn out as I hoped. I bet you thought this town and post was all about food. LOL
I fell in love with the carving on this old wooden door.
Why don't we have beautiful handcrafted doors like this anymore?
9 comments:
I want a door like that. Mine's so dull.
Gorgeous!!!
These pictures are so amazing!! In that light, I tagged you today. You have to come over and see why.
Love Ya;)
I just had to immediately click on the chicken image....do you even remember the specific address that these were at? I LOVE ceramic chickens! If the economy were better I'd ask the husband for the next trip to be to France, but we're gonna be stuck here for awhile. Not that I have any reason to complain.
Thanks for this - I needed to see further than the here and now this morning. Beautiful shots.
Rowena, No I don't recall the exact address of the shop these chickens were in but I could probably walk you to them if you were in the town. They weren't far from the arena.
Lovely pictures!!
There is definitely room for more pen pals!! I just need you to email me so I can get your address - also let me know if you are interested in exchanging with some of the other mothers as well.
email me at
lovingmomtwoboys (at) gmail (dot) com
Ohmigosh it HAS been a year since we all followed your Euroadventures! And I am still jealous you got to back!
These pictures are breathtaking! funny, I plan to do the same with mine, (Why haven't I yet? Ahhh...)these make beautiful decorations, eh? I love your produce shots, they are just interesting in their own beauty.
Oh I forgot to add, when I saw that bakery of sweets, my daughter (and I) like to look at this live streaming camera of this bakery in Paris, Boulangerie Pâtisserie BONNEAU, and you can follow the cooking of bread, each day from 5:30 AM to 6:30 PM.(except Monday and Tuesday) Momo finds it funny to see the man and then in the next streaming picture see the bread appear and then POOF into the baskets. If you go to the front page (http://www.bonneau.fr/BPA/Index.html) you'll see how gorgeous it all is. Momo wants to go there, period. Maybe one day....
Post a Comment