A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Life lessons from a 3 year old

1. How to enjoy life in a whole new way i.e.
COVERED in chocolate ice cream kisses.

2. It's never too late to learn to look at life or a song with a new twist. Yaya and her classmates have been learning this song for their upcoming performance.
"Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
How I wonder what you are
Up above the world so high
Like a diamond in the sky
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
God has placed you where you are."
Pretty good thoughts to live by don't you think?

3. While reflecting on her day with me today she shared a scripture she's been learning in school.
Psalm 92:4 "For You, O LORD, have made me glad."
After hearing it, I excitedly asked her to help me remember this scripture. Her response was,
"I don't know momma, it's pretty hard. You might have to wait til you grow little like me."
Kinda puts a whole new spin on God's request for us to be more childlike doesn't it?
What lessons have you learned from your students, children or grandchildren lately?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We must have the faith of a child! How beautiful!

Susie said...

Chocolate covered kisses are my favorite:-)

gramma2many said...

Jesse, age 12, "You know gramma, you are just going to have to come to terms with the fact that you are growing old."
As I was complaining about my knees hurting as I climbed our stairs.

Truly,though the truths of a child are priceless and to be treasured.

Bettina said...

Oh, I LOVE it and what's not to like about chocolate kisses?