A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Home For Rent & Readers Choice

I've mentioned before that we lived in Las Vegas during Birds last 4 years in the Air Force. I have also mentioned how thanks to the Vegas market we are unable to sell our home without taking a HUGE hit. While we wait for a miracle, God has taken good care of us and our sweet tenants the past 2 years. He blessed us with an amazing family who has loved and enjoyed our home there as much as we do. You can imagine we were crushed when we learned last month they will be moving out. I'm sad for their situation and I'm sad for us too. It's hard to find dependable people who will enjoy and take good care of our home. If you would like to see some still shots of the house or take a virtual tour please email me. Who knows, maybe you know someone looking to rent a nice home in the Vegas area. In other news, life seems to be a little crazy. Not crazy bad, crazy good. We celebrated my mom's birthday on April 15th, mine on the 22nd and my dad's on the 26th. That's only mentioning the birthdays from my immediate family! Between my Vegas trip to be with my friend, Easter, birthdays, traveling to KC to see my brother and other daily or semi-routine activities I honestly don't know where to start with regards to blogging these days. Honestly, Is it too late to blog about Easter? Since I am at a loss and don't seem to know where to start I've decided to open the floor to my readers. Feel free to ask questions about us, our adoption, our travels or suggest topics for me to blog about. I'll answer your questions or post the topics in the order they are received. Now comes the hard part...waiting to see if anyone wants to play along.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I would love to hear about your Easter...blog away! :D

Gina said...

Is it furnished? Maybe I need a vacation rental....
And, contrary to what Therese says, Yes, it is too late to blog about easter. Tell us a funny Yaya story.

Just Lisa said...

Write about Vegas! Everybody loves Vegas... until they have to live there. Tell us about everything they don't print in the tour guides! :)

Unknown said...

Oooo I hear you sister... I am so far behind on bloggin...I don't know where to start! : ) Good luck with your house in Vegas!

The Blonde Duck said...

I want to learn more about the adoption!

Susie said...

I am with Lisa....Vegas Baby:-)

Bettina said...

EASTER I want to know about Easter and see pictures!!!!!!!! PLEASE....

Bettina said...

OH, and I am going to visit in Vegas in October, so if you are going to be there we MUST hook up!!!!