A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Happy Birthday MOM

Yes, you all heard that right, my mom's birthday happens to be TAX day. Can you think of any worse thing to share your birthday with? Especially if you end up having to pay taxes today. UGH! No fun at all!
In order to treat her to a little TLC we celebrated a day early. Her special birthday dinner request was chicken picatta. By golly when my momma makes a special request like that she gets it. In addition, Yaya and I baked her an angel food cake with fresh blueberries and whipped cream too.
This year I heard about a show coming to town just before we left for KC. I thought it would be the perfect gift for her and when I asked her about it she sounded excited too. During dinner I told her I have Orchestra seats front and center to see Little House on the Prairie starring Melissa Gilbert as Ma. I can't wait to have a night out with her on the town!
She deserves this and so much more. God sure knew what he was doing when he made her my mom. I'm the luckiest daughter in the whole world.
Happy Birthday MOM!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great celebration!

Renata said...

Happy Birthday to your Mum - what a fun time you have planned. That show sure sounds like fun!!

Maybe she should move to Aus - it's no where near tax time - LOL

Hope you are keeping well & have a lovely day
Renata :)

Susie said...

I hope she didn't have to pay taxes on her birthday:-)

Rebecca Jo said...

Ahh - Happy Birthday to your mom!

Melissa Gilbert as MA?!?!?!?!? WOW - that's gonna be awesome! Enjoy your night together!

gramma2many said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!
I want to see Melissa Gilbert playing Ma! Wonder if they will play up here.

Tammy_Skipper said...

I've known a few amazing people in my life who share her birthday, what a great celebration you had!

cat said...

Happy Birthday to your mom.