A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Monday, March 29, 2010

The good the bad and the ugly. HONESTLY!

Where to begin? So many thoughts running around in my head and no idea where to begin. AACK! I guess I'll start with an update. Last week, I wrote about my friend Joe who was in the hospital recovering from surgery. He was discharged home this morning and he continues to heal as they had hoped. Praise God! That was a huge answer to prayer. Now his son is in a lot of a pain from kidney stones. Please keep them both in your prayers for healing. I also ask that you keep Linda in your prayers because she'll be caring for both her son and her husband until they're back on their feet again. I returned home Saturday afternoon to find Yaya and Bird waiting for me at the airport with flowers in hand. So sweet! Bird's parents had flown in the day before so I had the chance to spend some time them too. We went out for a quiet dinner with them Saturday night which wonderful. Sunday, we took them to one of our favorite spots, Calavaras Big Tree State Park. It was a beautiful day with the sun shining brightly through the trees. Snow was still piled on the ground here and there as an added bonus. We haven't had the opportunity to play in any this year so we were very excited to see and enjoy it. The nature path had changed quite a bit since our last visit. Trees had fallen, snow had left it's mark by melting and changing the landscape to enjoy little creeks and puddles of water scattered throughout the forest floor.
 
This morning we said good-bye to them and Bird took them to the airport. Soon after, I received a call from our tenants in Las Vegas telling me they were giving me their 30 day notice. I had seen them on Friday morning so this was a huge change in a 3 day period of time. Over the weekend, they decided they would be getting divorced. I couldn't have been more shocked. It breaks my heart and I'm praying for them as they pick up the pieces and try to move forward. Needless to say, my day has been spent scrambling to advertise our house and contact our Real Estate Agent in hopes of either selling the house or renting it ASAP. Selling it is out of the question because we still owe over $100,000.00 more than it's worth thanks to the crappy Vegas market. I hope we can find new tenants who are as wonderful as our current ones have been for the past two years. Here is the link to our home in case you know anyone who might be looking for a house to rent in Vegas.

7 comments:

Susie said...

Gosh!! Good luck with that!!

gramma2many said...

Sorry about the renters. Maybe you should try to short sale and cut your losses. I know that is a hard decision to have to make though.
Glad you got to spend some time with your in laws. Also that your friend is improving.
Sounds like it has been a very emotional busy week for you.

cat said...

Hope you find some soon. I really think people get divorced too quickly these days.

Rebecca Jo said...

praying for your friend... she's going to have her hands full...

How fun was that to see your loved ones & flowers waiting on you... so sweet!!!

Good luck with the renters... start praying & God will send some good people you're way!

aspiring... said...

"Where to begin?" is right! It sounds like a Monday of mine a few weeks ago, and "AACK!" is right, too. Well said, that is :) ! So tell me... how can the idea in your title "Heaven's Gift" apply here :) ! ?

Thank goodness in the middle of all this for your most welcome and memorable vision of Bird and Yaya - bearing flowers. How nice that must have been, and is still, to think of. And thank goodness for that quiet dinner and the beautiful outdoors. I enjoyed reading what you wrote about Calavaras. I had such a good view of it all in my mind's eye with the help of your description.

Above all, Frizzy, welcome home. With you in prayer, aspiring...

Sissy said...

Wow. Lots going on in those parts! Real estate trouble is never fun. I remember the brief period that we owned two houses, praying that we would be able to sell one of them. It isn't easy.

aspiring... said...

p.s. thank you for your visit, Frizzy, and letting me know you'd been by. I left you a note, actually a book, there in response :O ! :) !