A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hold On To Your Hats!

It's official or should I say, "We're official!" We're officially on the adoptive family waiting list! We received our certification in the mail yesterday and today our profile is proudly displayed on the "Waiting Family's" page of Bethany's Website. If you would like to see our profile here is the direct link to our Dear Birthparent letter.
For now we wait without worries or expectations just sighs of relief. Relief that it is out of our hands and God can now work his magic. It's hard to feel anything but trust and love in God when we look into Yaya's eyes. She's our daily proof of His plan. Could there be a bump or two along the road? SURE! Could we get hurt along the way? Very possibly. However, we truly believe there is purpose in each and every experience we go through. Thank you for continuing to pray for us and for all the birthfamilies and adoptive families who are trusting in God's plan for their lives.
I don't know about you but I can't wait to see how this adoption journey ends or should I say begins!

12 comments:

cat said...

Good luck to you guys. I know you will make a stunning family for a new child.

Rebecca Jo said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! That is the most exciting news!!! Cant wait to follow this journey with you!!! Praying for a smooth process!!! And praying that YOUR child knows they will soon be loved by wonderful parents!!!

Susie said...

Congratulations! That is GREAT news! You are such good parents! I know that your family will grow soon!

Nancy said...

How wonderful! I will be watching, waiting and praying right along with you! Thank you for sharing your journey!
I can't wait!!!

Gramma 2 Many said...

I am definitely waiting to see what the end results will be.
Brother or Sister for Yaya, can hardly wait to find out:)

Nichole said...

Yay! So happy for you guys! I hope everything goes smoothly. :o)

Sissy said...

Here's hoping we both get a match this year!

You asked if anything was going on and the answer is no. I am totally getting antsy and am stressing out about the wait and why nothing is happening. I need to just let it go and be patient, but it is really hard. I was so ready for the other baby and then, wham, she decided to parent. Keep us in your prayers.

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

Love you Mama.

...

...

I can't say anything more.
I just love you.

To bits.

The Blonde Duck said...

HOORAY!

Anonymous said...

I look forward to seeing how the beginning, middle and ending of this adoption story goes. :)
I'm so so happy for you!

Renata said...

Congratulations! This is wonderful news! I will continue to pray for you & your future son or daughter. God bless you
Renata :)

Mummy McTavish said...

Praising God!

I may have been silent in your comments for a while but I have been reading and praying and praying and praying... I am so excited that you are allowing us to join you in a little way on this new journey!