A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Snapshots

The past few weeks we've been gathering pictures to share in our adoption profile. A profile is a 10-12 page scrapbook for birthparents to learn about the families who are waiting to adopt. The thing I've struggled with most is how do I get this "snapshot" of our life to fully describe who we are as individuals, as a couple and as a family? If I didn't know God's plan was already in place for us I would be a bucket of stress. Thankfully, I know He is in control and all we can do is wait for His timing and plan to be revealed. I can't wait to share it with you all! Please continue to keep all birthmom's in your prayers. This is the hardest decision they'll ever make.
I hope to get back to more frequent blogging and commenting soon but this has consumed any free time we've had when Yaya is asleep or at my parent's house.

Click HERE to continue reading our 2nd Adoption Journey.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to more posting from you as this process unfolds-all in God's time, my friend! Many prayers coming your way!

Anonymous said...

"If I didn't know God's plan was already in place for us I would be a bucket of stress."
I love what you said here. Real assurance comes only from a trust in God...

Peace my friend.

Gramma 2 Many said...

Like the Little Train that Could, you will make it too. You are amazing and I am sure you will convey your family beautifully through your scrapbook. Just keep chugging along.

Susie said...

That is a challenge to find that one perfect photo. I am sure that you will find it. I know that you still have love to give:-)

cat said...

Keeping you in our prayers. I just love the way you describe your trust in God.

Arian Goodman Johnson said...

You are such a lovely picture of faith that I greatly admire. Thanks for giving us a peek along your way. Many blessings and lots of love!

Bug said...

So happy that you are going through this process again! I can't wait to meet your next new bundle of joy! Now get those profile packets done young lady! :)

Oh, and my blog is back up and running! I just posted another post. Yay me...2 posts in less then a week! That is major progress for me!!! :) Love ya Frizzy

Debra Kaye said...

This process is going on in two lives of two precious people I love. I'm praying for you both!

I can't wait to see what God is going to do!

Glad to hear about Bug!! Love her!

Unknown said...

Sending prayers & warm wishes your way!

The Blonde Duck said...

I hope you get a new little one soon!

tammy said...

AMEN!! Hold onto that Assurance that God is in control, He knows, He cares about every little detail. His plan is in place. I pray that it unfolds for your family in a special, obviously God way! Looking forward to hearing more and someday (soon) "meeting" your newest addition. :)