A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Adoption Update

We appear to be on a roll! We've checked off all but 3 boxes on our adoption To Do list. Other than that, our counselor says she thinks our profile will be added to the list of "Waiting Parents" around the first part of February. Now that's what I call a great way to start 2010.
Bethany Domestic Adoption Check List
X Self Study
X Send in Fee
X Live Scan Fingerprint receipts
X Medical Report for all family members
X DMV Verifications
X Copy of Driver's License(s)
X Family of Origin Sheet
X First Aid and CPR Certifications
X Submit Certified Copies of Birth Certificate & Marriage Certificate
X Submit Affidavit of Health Insurance
X Submit Statement Acknowledging Requirment to Report Suspected Child Abuse
X Submit Will Affidavit
X Discipline Policy
X Read Required Books
X Attend Adoption Seminar and Classes
X Initial Intake Interview
X Individual Interviews
X Home Study Interview (Monday, January 4Th at noon.
X Complete 10 Waiting Family Profile Books and On-line profile
Will you please keep our birth mother in your prayers. We haven't met her but we know this will be one of the most difficult decisions she'll ever make for herself and her baby.
Click the link below to follow our second adoption journey.

16 comments:

Susie said...

I hope your quest is successful in 2010:-)

Nancy said...

I'm praying, Frizzy!!! I'm excited for you! I'm not sure my nails are going to make it though!

Sissy said...

It's so exciting to get all that checked off!

Bettina said...

This is pretty exciting stuff to start off the year with!!!! So happy to be praying with you on this one!

Nichole said...

Very exciting!

Happy New Year! :o)

Unknown said...

Definitely praying!!!

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

Wow Frizz. Things are moving right along. Praying for you, Dear Friend.

Just Lisa said...

Have you gotten cpr and first aid certifications before, and you just need to renew them? My social worker told us we could renew every other time online. SO MUCH EASIER, especially with little ones! Ask your social worker if you can do this!

Nancy said...

Frizzy...

Blog Award for you over at my place!

Renata said...

Oh this is so exciting! Praying for your new family member you are yet to meet!

Gramma 2 Many said...

It is Monday morning countdown. Two hours and ten minutes!!! Praying all goes well!

cat said...

I am so behind at blog reading. Wishing you the best and praying for that little special person for you.

Gramma 2 Many said...

Great job, my friend. Am looking forward to the BIG announcement.

junglemama said...

Your getting there! Woo-hoo!

Mummy McTavish said...

I have been praying and I will keep praying for everyone! Most of all for the baby that God is knitting together just for your family.

Vanessa Rogers said...

What a strenuous process! Good luck with that!