A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Checklist

Is it really possible to feel like you're ahead of the Christmas rush?
I have that sort of inner peace right now but in the back of my mind I feel I must be forgetting SOMETHING important. Maybe you can help me figure it out.
We've been playing almost non stop Christmas music in the car and teaching Yaya the story of Christ's birth and the true meaning of Christmas. She is so fun to watch as she soaks it all in. Last night, on the way home she joyfully shouted, "Merry Christmas GOD!" out of the blue. I can't tell you how that warmed our hearts. We're also practicing her songs for her preschool Christmas program. So sweet!
The tree is up and decorated,
The annual picture of Yaya with my snowman has been taken to show how much she's grown.
December 2007 December 2008
December 2009
Last week, I made and sent out these invitations to our 1st Annual Gingerbread House Party for next weekend.
My dad has two of the 6 Gingerbread houses made of wood so we can reuse them each year. We've invited 8 of Yaya's little friends and cousins. I have all the table decorations, party favors, candy, cereal, cookies, menu and etc. ready. My mom and I made the peanut butter squares last week. I just need to set up and make the frosting the day of the party.
(Pictures still to come.)
Our annual family photo was taken last night in front of my parent's tree.
 
Our Annual Christmas Cards have been made, ordered and mailed.
6 out of my 9 handmade gifts are complete. As of last night, I am been able to put smiley face check marks next to the names of Yaya's teachers, my mom, dad, nephew's, niece's, Bible study members and our friend's. I'm still working on gifts for my In-laws, brother, his girlfriend and a few more little things for under the tree and as fillers.
Last but not least, we're excited to announce we've completed 3 more portions of our adoption application. We'll be meeting with our Social Worker this Wednesday for our initial interview that will last about an hour and a half. We hope to get our fingerprints IE. background checks completed this week as well.
Can you tell if we're forgetting anything important?

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the pictures and Ya-ya is getting so big!

Nichole said...

Your gingerbread party sounds so fun! Sounds like you're making some great memories for your daughter :o)

Susie said...

That sounds like GREAT fun:-)

Gramma 2 Many said...

Great job!! Do I get an invitation to the 1st annual gingerbread house party? You know I would be there in a heartbeat, if only.......
Love the pictures too.
I was not going to put up a tree, but last night Stan admitted he did want one. I am wondering if he is going to help me put it up and decorate it too. We will see.

Rebecca Jo said...

I love the Merry Christmas God... how sweet is that!!!

And what a good judge of how fast yaya is growing with the Snowman!

Wisconsin Girl said...

WOW!!! All I can say is "You GO girl!" I envy that you have what you do done and are able to enjoy the Christmas season for what it is. I am so behind, but am still enjoying the spirit of Christmas with Sam. I have hardly any gifts and think I've decided to skip our annual letter for the first time this year. Just all feels like too much at this time. I like doing my shopping throughout the year and really like to be done by Thanksgiving. Not this year. Ugh! Still just trying to keep it simple and remain focused. Have fun with the gingerbread house party...what a great idea! Such great memories for Yaya! So happy you are in such a "good" spot:)

Renata said...

Sounds like you are set (much more ready than I am!)
Your adoption paperwork.....that's so exciting!
Hope you enjoy this Christmas season!
Renata :)

Rowena said...

All I can say is that you are way more ahead of the game than I am. Of course I have an excuse(s)...my dogs couldn't care less about what goes on December, only that they get to go out to dinner/other people's homes more often!

Yaya has grown so much!!

Dawn said...

I love that you take a picture of her each year with the snowman! What a cute idea.

LOVE your family photo and your Christmas card. I'll be posting our Christmas card on my blog probably next week. I'm waiting until I know everyone I sent them to has received them. I'd hate for them to get a sneak-peak. LOL!

Have fun doing the gingerbread party. I bet the kids will love it.

I'm so excited for you that you're adopting again. Praying it all goes smoothly!

Nancy said...

I am impressed! You have been very busy! Thanks for sharing the pictures! She is a gorgeous little girl and your family photo is lovely!!!
You're helping to motivate me!
Thanks!

The Blonde Duck said...

That party sounds so fun!

Unknown said...

Can not believe how big ya ya is getting! Sounds like you have everything under control! Nice job!

Tammy_Skipper said...

I am feeling the same way this year. Some things were scaled back like the number of Christmas cards, but I am enjoying every bit of this season!