Last weekend, Bird came home with a fun way to spend Saturday morning. He'd heard of a Fancy Nancy party being held at a local Border's. Yaya has several of these books plus a few things from the Fancy Nancy clothing & accessory line. We couldn't pass up the opportunity for her to meet other girls who enjoy these books too.
If you know anything about little girls & Fancy Nancy,
they take any opportunity to get all dressed up & look tres chic.
The Borders team read 2 or 3 of the Fancy Nancy books to the kids.
Click on the picture below to see how decked out some of these girls were.
Yaya is in the fuchsia hat just to the right of the reader.
Poor kid! Her hat wouldn't stay on right for more than two seconds.
I couldn't believe how patient she was with it
let alone how long she kept it on her head.
Between book readings, Borders staff served Starbucks hot chocolate & scone wedges,
offered Fancy Nancy crafts, stickers, magnets,
held a Fancy Nancy parade through the store
We didn't win the raffle but we sure had a good time.
THANK YOU Scott for being such an involved and loving father.
Thank You Borders for offering such a fun weekend activity.
Thank You Borders for offering such a fun weekend activity.
9 comments:
Reading this makes me wish I could be a little girl again, just for the day. How could anyone resist wanting to dress up and hang out with a bunch of other fun gals at a cool bookstore?!
What a fun way to spend an afternoon!!
Just two days, counting today, til Saturday:)
Wow! That looks like fun! Way to go Dad!!
Oh what a fun day! How I wish my girls were still into stuff like Fancy Nancy. It's all Hannah Montana and High School Musical now.... why do they have to grow up?
Makes me want to be a little girl again! This just looks too precious!
My sweet friend I go into the Mayo Clinic on the 24th of this month and will covet your prayers. It's right before Thanksgiving and I'm not sure how long they will be keeping me.
However, I am thankful that I will be under the care of the Great Physician and a team of doctor's that looks at the whole person and hopefully come out with better answers and hope than going in.
May your family be blessed this Thanksgiving. I'm so glad God brought you into my life. You are such a precious sister to me :)
So, when I see you on Saturday, I will take you to GIRL HEAVEN AKA Club Libby Lou- and no fair sneeking in with out me and my divas!
My girls LOVE Fancy Nancy! I'd actually give dad 20 points for that one!
What a fun time! I've never heard of those kind of things over here ( in fact I've never even heard of Nancy ____ (sorry forgot the other name)). I can imagine how much Ellie would LOVE it!
That looks like heaps of fun.
Post a Comment